Options

"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #50

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #49 won by Portolan
Submitted by BKMD. Axel Towers, Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen, which was my favorite city on the Scandinavia tour has bike trails/lanes throughout the country, not only in the city.

Round #50 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• Options

What is this and where was the picture taken?

• Options

Oooh, Oooh, I know but am not telling! :D

• Options

AlanS - based on your PM you know where it was taken, but you did't indicate what it is.

• Options

I know where it was taken and I've looked through dozens of pics of it, and none say what it is!

• Options

Challenge not complete until the what is figured out. More research required.

• Options

Time to go for a walk. I'll find out the answer when I return.

• Options
    edited April 2020

You guys can't tell it is the head chef's gear from La Rosa Nautica? He stores his spatulas in his hat. :D

• Options

Speaking of La Rosa Nautica.

• Options

Yes, but how about this shot? How did I get it?

• Options

Clearly this shot was taken from a hang glider.

• Options

I have to run off and do some grocery/etc shopping and don't want to hold up the Challenges. So I'll say that AlanS is the winner, via Private Message.

The original picture is

Gold Funerary Offering
    Chimu, Imperial Epoch (1300 AD - 1532AD)

The Chimu were the greatest metalworkers of ancient Peru. This is the only known complete set of gold Chimu clothing in the museums and private collections of the world. The little that is known about its origin indicates that it was once part of the funerary offering of a great lord who was buried in the mud brick city of Chan Chan, the capital of the Chimu kingdom of NW Peru.

The picture was taken at Lima’s Rafael Larco Herrera Museum during the Peru and Galapagos tour.

• Options
    edited April 2020

Smiling Sam
    12:42PM

Clearly this shot was taken from a hang glider.

Technically, taken from a paraglider.

Here is the full frame (not too flattering) shot:

Not only did I do it but two friends and the Mrs. flew above the seaside cliffs of Lima. Fantastic! (at 2:01 and again at 2:57 there are much better views of La Rosa Nautica.) I edited this video to make it shorter. The flight was much longer.

[

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJt_KoApI

]

• Options
    edited April 2020

Smiling Sam
    12:45PM

I have to run off and do some grocery/etc shopping and don't want to hold up the Challenges. So I'll say that AlanS is the winner, via Private Message.

Naw, when I play via PM, it is unofficial. I'll try to make that clearer next time. Sorry.