Options

"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #53

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #49 won by Portolan
Submitted by BKMD. Axel Towers, Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen, which was my favorite city on the Scandinavia tour has bike trails/lanes throughout the country, not only in the city.

Round #50 Unoffically won by AlanS (playing behind the scenes via PM and doesn’t count)
Submitted by Smiling Sam. Gold Funerary Offering, Chimu, Imperial Epoch (1300 AD - 1532AD) found in the mud brick city of Chan Chan, the capital of the Chimu kingdom of NW Peru. The picture was taken at Lima’s Rafael Larco Herrera Museum during the Peru and Galapagos tour.

Round #51 won by Portolan
Submitted by JohnS. We are in Chitwan National Park on the river Rapti in the Terai lowlands of Nepal. This was on the first day of our Safari on the Northern India and Nepal trip.

Round #52 no winner!!! The Googling Travelers were stumped!
Submitted by SueMS. This shot was taken during a walking tour of Old Town Warsaw of the Castle Inn. The inn is set in the sixteenth century townhouse of the Kościelski family in the heart of Warsaw’s picturesque Old Town, and is in itself a true work of art. Its rooms dreamt up from concepts of exquisite visionaries like Rene Magritte, Maurits Escher and Lewis Carroll.

Round #53 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2020

What city is this?

• Options
    edited April 2020

Hosier Lane, Melbourne, Australia. It just got attacked in February and things got painted over.

• Options

What is the building at the end of the lane? :D

• Options
    edited April 2020

Australian Center for the Moving Image / Federation Square.

• Options

Since I found it as well, I call this one done. I didn't officially enter, just sent PM to BKMD (a few min before Sam :D ) so the winner is Sam.

• Options

Smiling Sam
    10:40PM

Australian Center for the Moving Image.

The Atrium.

• Options

The Atrium at Federation Square.

• Options

AlanS - that's why I chose this pic. The building at the end of the laneway was the clue to an otherwise generic grafittied alley.

• Options

:)

• Options

BKMD - I found it simply by Googling “graffitied cobblestone streets”. Didn’t use the building at the end other than for verification.

• Options

Sam - Funny how some things come right up and others you expect would don't. Like that gold statue from Lima.

I actually thought the cobblestone would throw people off, making them think of Europe. You usually don't associate cobblestone with Australia.

• Options

There was one graffiti drawing that contained the word Muppets and a few other sin English. That limited possibilities.