Options

Tauck Compass

I received a new edition of Compass this afternoon and was really enjoying the video about D-Day (from the Loire Valley, Brittany, Normandy and Paris tour that I have taken) when the video crashed about 21 minutes in. I don't know whether it's my internet connection. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Options

Can't have that problem if I'm unable to ever get Compass via email. You're a few steps up on me. :D

• Options

AlanS - Thanks for the link, it is just frustrating that the issue can't seem to be worked out for me to get the email directly. Following the link you provided it has little snippets about various experts. We had a similar expert on our Berlin, Danube, and Krakow river tour. One of the three tour directors was raised in Budapest during the period that crossed the communist/non-communist rule. Her insights were eye-opening.

• Options

I haven’t had The Compass either despite getting an email confirming I had been put on the distribution list.

• Options

Ditto British's comment.

• Options
    edited May 2020

If you go to the bottom of the Compass cover page at my link above you'll see a tiny link, "Update Preferences," that will take you to a page that looks like the one below only longer with more choices. It should have your email address at the top, if it doesn't then there is something wrong. Update: Sorry, I had to delete the link to the Compass since it contained a unique link to my preferences :/

• Options

AlanS - Been there, done that. To date it's done no good. Even posted a question direct to Tauck, as I believe British did, and got assurances that I was on the email list. To date, no Compass.

• Options

Does your email address appear on the form, or does mine?

• Options

Do you have a SPAM blocker on your email program?

• Options

Ah I see the Compass, it came about 90 minutes ago😀😀😀😀

• Options

AlanS - I do have a SPAM blocker, but I checked the SPAM folder and nothing from Tauck had been placed there, only true SPAM was there. I will keep checking for my Compass to show up. If, by tomorrow I don't get it then I'll fill out the form, AGAIN. Thanks.

• Options

AlanS - I checked your link again and it has your email address at the top when I clicked on the Update Preferences link.

• Options

MCD: I watched that video about D Day today, and I did not encounter any issues at all with the video. It played all the way thru. By the way, it is an excellent video with many interesting stories. Seeing the Normandy Beaches was going to be a highlight for us on our recently canceled River Cruise to France this past March. We hope to be able to see this area some time in the future.

• Options
    edited May 2020

AlanS - I also tried your Update Preferences suggestion on the link to the previous issue of Compass that you sent in a different thread. It does the same thing. When I click on Update Preferences it has your email address at the top.

• Options
    edited May 2020

Smiling Sam
    6:04PM

AlanS - I checked your link again and it has your email address at the top when I clicked on the Update Preferences link.

That is what I suspected and was afraid of- there must be a personal identifier in the link to my preferences as opposed to using cookies. I will delete the links. I guess I need to delete the links to the Compass, too. :/

• Options

I'm not sure which of the Compass discussions folks are following, so I'm posting this in all of them. I received only the initial email announcing that it was going to be emailed weekly and then never got another thing. After seeing the comments here, and having no luck when I checked the various options on my account about journeys I would be interested in, I sent a message to esupport@tauck.com on May 23 and received a response from Nick on May 26 which said "I’m sorry for a mix-up with the newsletter mailings. I’ll reach out to our marketing department and make sure you receive all appropriate newsletter mailings."

I received an issue of Compass on May 27. Hope this helps.

• Options

I'm not sure which of the Compass discussions folks are following, so I'm posting this in all of them. I received only the initial email announcing that it was going to be emailed weekly and then never got another thing. After seeing the comments here, and having no luck when I checked the various options on my account about journeys I would be interested in, I sent a message to esupport@tauck.com on May 23 and received a response from Nick on May 26 which said "I’m sorry for a mix-up with the newsletter mailings. I’ll reach out to our marketing department and make sure you receive all appropriate newsletter mailings."

• Options