deleted

edited March 2021 in General

deleted

Comments

• I guess Alan S would know, but you could just copy and paste it and put it in another thread and then Copy and paste what Cathy said underneath yours.

• I assume your post was recent. It doesn't show in General either. Either it didn't actually get posted or it was deleted. All new posts or new replies show up on the home page.

• Yea, I saw it in General. But not on the Home page, Strange!

• edited August 2020

All new posts, regardless of sub-forum where they were initiated, also show up on the forum "Home" "Tauck Community" page. This page used to be called the "Active Discussions" page. It will stay on that page as long as replies are added to it. If there is a lot of activity it may stay near the top of the list just below the Tauck IT "stickies." If replies stop, new threads will eventually bump it off the active discussions page. It will still be available in the specific area/topic forum.

If that is not what is happening, it may be because Tauck is doing (Sunday night?) system maintenance or there is a temporary glitch. I saw your post in General Discussion, and can't explain why it did not appear on the Forum Home. I just posted a "test" reply to your thread and it still doesn't appear on the Forum home, however I posted a new "test" in the General forum from the forum Home and it showed up on the forum home. I'll check with Tauck IT tomorrow. There may be a reason for this, but I have no idea what it would be. Since few will see it where it is, you should probably start your thread over (copy and paste) from the Home page.

As to moving a thread, you can only start a new thread, then copy and paste your text into your new post. Otherwise you'll need to request Tauck IT move it. Same for deleting a thread.

• It is my fault that it does not show on the Home page because I did not start the thread on the Home page.

Just to be clear, you can't post directly to the Home page. You have to pick a category and "Home" isn't an option. As others have said, all posts show up on the home page as well, so there must be a bug. Normally, anything posted on a branch of the tree rolls up to all the categories above it, all the way to root category of Home. The reason I didn't see your post in "General" is that it is in "General Discussion", a sub category of "General." Normally, a post in a subcategory shows up in the category (i.e. things posted in General Discussion show up in General). Just like it failed to roll up to the home page, it failed to roll up to catagory. Clearly a bug.

• I have a few contacts there so sent an email. Tauck Emily says she will have the team look at it.

Ken, thanks for the clarification. While it saves a step, I think it might be better if they didn't have "New Discussion" buttons on the "Home" page. Also, I wish they would use the old nomenclature- "Active Discussions" or Recent Activity, etc.