Options

Travel Policy Updated today (January 14, 2021)

TAUCK has updated the travel policy today. Check banner in TAUCK.COM. It now goes to the end of 2021.

Comments

• Options

Vaccine aside, more countries are just now beginning to require a negative COVID test taken within 48-72 hours of entry, a trend that seems likely to continue. For a single destination trip this is another significant headache to deal with, for multi-destination international travel it will pose an almost insurmountable problem for travelers and tour companies alike.

• Options

Calaf
    Vaccine aside, more countries are just now beginning to require a negative COVID test taken within 48-72 hours of entry, a trend that seems likely to continue.

This includes for re-entry into the states, per the CDC. This means Tauck will have to figure out how to get its travelers tested within that window. Imagine the logistics. Add on top of that if people want to extend their stays.

Here is the information, relative to the CDC announcement, that we received from a resort in Jamaica that we have booked in mid-April. If this is truly required this could be the biggest deterrent yet for the resumption of Tauck tours.

INFORMATION ABOUT THE CDC TESTING REQUIREMENTS

According to the CDC, air passengers entering the U.S. will be required to present documentation of a negative COVID-19 viral test (called a Qualifying Test) conducted within the 3 days before their flight departs to the U.S.

Documentation should be for a viral test (NAAT or antigen) as approved or authorized by the relevant national authority.
    Test results must state: Negative, SARS-CoV2 RNA Not Detected, SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Not Detected, or COVID-19 Not Detected. Invalid will not be accepted.
    Documentation may be paper or electronic copy and must include the name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test.
    Test results may be required to be shown again upon landing.
    Alternatively, passengers may provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 with documentation of test results conducted during the 3 months preceding the flight’s departure from a foreign country.

Test results must state: Positive, SARS-CoV2 RNA Detected, SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Detected, or COVID-19 Detected. Invalid will not be accepted.
    Additionally, a letter from a licensed health professional stating that the passenger has been cleared for travel (called Documentation of Recovery) is required.
    Finally, all airline passengers will be required to present a simple CDC attestation form to the airline for collection prior to boarding. The CDC attestation form can be found here for reference.

For full information, please reference the FAQs on the CDC website, which can be found here.

The resort in Jamaica is going to provide on-site testing to satisfy this requirement. In addition, if a person fails the test, then they will provide free room for the person failing the test and one other for up to 14 days.

I doubt that Tauck would be able to provide anything close to this.

• Options

Can't imagine how Tauck could build this into their tours. And the rules are changing by the minute. This seems likely to all but paralyze international travel.

• Options

Travel Policy Updated today, January 27, 2021.

• Options

Scott_Parks
    3:07PM
    Travel Policy Updated today, January 27, 2021.

The banner hasn't changed and it seems neither has the text, at least nothing obvious that I could see. Tours are still cancelled through February. A false start maybe, or errors being corrected before uploading again?

Based on a few reports about various tours, like XMAS Mkts, I expect a much more extensive Update.

• Options

Yes, the text has changed, I just looked. The pay at 30 days has moved from end of March to end of May! We had been concerned because we were at the point where we would have to pay the balance of our April tour in two weeks, but now it will be mid March. It’s looking more and more like tours towards the summer are in doubt.

• Options
    edited January 2021

The date on the homepage banner hasn't changed, just the date/title of the first category of departures at the link in the Update banner. The 30 days prior for final payment has been around for a few days/weeks at least. It may not have been on an Update, just in one of our most recent Summaries of Purchase or I learned it from a Reservation Sales Agent (most likely.) I don't know where I saw it or how I learned that the payment date and dropped to just 30 days prior, but I was aware of it prior to 27 January, the date of the (partial?) Update.

Conflicting info is not new. Our 14 December 2020 Treasures of the Aegean Summary of Purchases says, "For 2021, final payment is due 120 days prior to departure. Your final payment due date is shown below the tour cost summary." However, below the tour cost summary it said, "Final payment for your journey must be received No Later than March 21, 2021" which is only 60 days prior to departure! :)

• Options

This is the part that has changed from just a few days ago.

For travel scheduled for March 1, 2021 - May 31, 2021*

Final payment for all scheduled March 1, 2021 - May 31, 2021 Tauck land tours and cruises is now due 30 days prior to departure, instead of our standard final payment terms. We have extended this date to enable you to make the best personal decision with regard to your planned trip as close to your scheduled departure date as possible.