Spirit of the Desert: Hiking boots required? Nicest attire expected?

Hello Travelers!
We are on the Spirit of the Desert trip next week. Will we need hiking boots? (or are sneakers/running shoes sufficient?)
Also, what is the nicest attire required? With the weight limit, we want to be prudent on our packing. Thanks so much! Tim

Comments

• Sorry you didn't get any response before your trip. Just providing an answer to remove this from the list of unanswered questions.

• The June 6 '21 trip is on! So excited We will be flying to Grand Junction from FL the day ahead and staying an extra night in Los Vegas.

• I doubt very much you will need hiking boots. Maybe sneakers with ankle support.

• Tauck usually sends out a very comprehensive booklet on your tour once you've been booked and it's a go. It should provide info as to clothing/footwear suggestions for the trip.

• The Tauck Travel Updates page used to say all USA tours starting in June were a go. It now says, all tours starting in July. Don’t know if that impacts the Spirit of the Desert tour.

• jeffr775,

Yes, those little green booklets are so informative. How I miss them!

• I only mention this so travelers do not have false hopes about their USA July 2021 tours. The current update states, tours "up to July", not "in July." A moot point, perhaps, as long as the U. S. does not slide backwards due to COVID. Good luck to all who have summer trips! Please post your experiences. Thanks in advance.

• Isk42 has obviously been informed their tour is on.
    This is what the latest update said below

Tours starting by July 2021: ALL USA TOURS

Some tours have already commenced, the rest will follow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file