2022 BOOKED!

2»

Comments

• Just thought I’d mention for those people planning on traveling with a child or some third person that we were told that though there may be space showing available on certain dates that there are only a certain amount of rooms available for 3 people on each date.
    So once those rooms are gone you won’t be able to book one room for 3 people. Don’t know if you’d have to take 2 rooms then or what.
    Hope this helps.

• Hi Jowell, I just changed our tour from June 8 to June 10. A second grandkid decided she wanted to go with us, so had to change from 1 room for 3 to 1 room for 4. As it goes, the June 8 rooms for 4 were already gone so we had to change to the 10th which showed limited availability. I agree with you that it pays to reserve while the good dates are still shown as this trip should book up soon after being down for two years. (I am assuming June 2121 will be canceled shortly.)

• Glad you were able to get the room you wanted. When we went with 2 grandchildren we had to take 2 rooms!

• Jowell, just found out that our booking a tour for four includes 2 separate rooms! Nice perk from Tauck that I hadn't expected!

• You should also know that we had to have one adult in each room. So try and plan sleeping arrangements ahead. Hope this helps.😊😊

• Thanks, Jowell. 2 bathrooms with my wife and 2 granddaughters will make this trip a lot more enjoyable, sleeping arrangements regardless!

• If you go to reviews you can see that the gondola ride was mentioned frequently as the most memorable moment.
    We hope they add it back to the trip 🤞🏻🤞🏻
    And since being in Venice late at night is truly magical we are also hoping that the hotel is in Venice (like they always had). 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
    It is very strange because they say that for 2 nights in December the tour will stay at the Danieli (which is in Venice) but as of now they are not offering dates in December. We would not go in December as it is too cold then. But it is still strange.

• Maybe the hotel is booked for a large function, which of course could be cancelled due to Covid.
    We could not stay for our prestay at a Tauck hotel because of a large wedding once, and that was in Italy

• Jowell, the hotel for the June 2022 tours is the San Clemente Palace. This hotel is on its own island about a 15-minute boat ride to San Marco Square. The hotel website says they run shuttle boats every 30 - 40 minutes to and from St. Marco. I agree with you that I would rather be on the island, but with the shuttle, you can be on the island when you are free with the short boat ride. For kids, the boat ride is an added adventure. I would not pass up this trip because of the hotel choice as San Clemente has a super reputation. If you don't want to miss the Gondola ride, you can surely due in your spare time. I only hope that the world is in a better place in 2022 and we can all go and enjoy this tour.

• Sandman,

What a great and informative post! If I remember correctly, you are taking your granddaughter to celebrate her Bat Mitzvah. She must be so excited! Yes, the world is slowly opening for travel. All the best to you.

• Hi Sandman. As I have said previously we have already booked this trip for June, 2022.
    I have already mentioned that we will do the gondola ride on our own too.
    As for the hotel, we can stay at lovely resorts anywhere in the world but in Venice it is a shame not to be on Venice.
    While the boat ride is short some people have mentioned on the hotel website that waiting for the boat to leave, or get to, the island can be long. Also, we have to check what time the latest boats run as one of our favorite times in
    Venice is late at night when the tourists and pigeons have left and the cafes have live music while you enjoy a wine or cappuccino.
    It is truly magical and memorable. Hopefully it will all work out well.
    Can’t wait 😊😊

• Our tour is sold out.
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• I would think they will continue to sell out as they cancel 2021 tours. Have to keep our collective fingers crossed!

• Looks like almost all the June dates are sold out. Looks like the world is planning to get back to normal 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• To be more specific - I mean June, 2022

• I have noticed this as well. Don't know why I am so curious (or nosey?) to check this tour daily, but I agree, it's good to see some normal in the future - even if a year away! Now have to get ready to grab FF tickets.

• Hi. Anyone start booking air travel yet?

• Jowell, it’s still a bit early to book air, there has to be no more than 330 days from your returning date before flights open up. It sure looks as if the world might be a little more normal next year. If only more US citizens will get vaccinated. If a new more serious variant appears in the unvaccinated population it’s going to be so dangerous and the US might remain on the naughty list in other counties.
    On a day like July 4th, there’s freedom and dumb dumb

• Just some thoughts on the upcoming Rome to Venice Bridges tour. Our June 10, 2022 trip is 185 days out and we are getting excited with the thought that this tour will go! I also see that Tauck has added a bunch of dates for this tour, almost every two days in early June, with tours going the 8th, 10th 12th 13th, 15th, 17th, 19th, 20th, etc. It will be some crazy times chasing tour groups and being chased by new groups. Sounds exciting. Surprised that so few participants for these tours have jumped into this forum. Hope they show more interest as the trips get closer as it would be nice to meet, ahead of time, some others from the tour of the 10th.

• We were going on this tour in June 2020 (cancelled)with daughter, son in law, and granddaughters ages 16 & 14. Cancelled again in 2021. Now scheduled for June 17, 2022. Hope we get to go as granddaughter now 18 finishes high school in May and begins college in August. Hope others on this tour traveling in March and April will post on this forum and share their experiences. Also, interested in knowing about those going on the June 17th.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file