Options

What if you CAN’T get the Covid vaccine?

Would anyone know how to travel if you can’t get the vaccine because of medical reasons? My daughter had a horrible reaction to a flu vaccine and ended up in an ER. Her doctor said NOT to get the vaccine. Said if she does, to do so in an ER. And she works in healthcare and deals with Covid patients as well. Anyway, does anyone have any idea if She can travel with no vaccine and travel with a letter from her doctor. Have looked all over the internet and can’t find anything about this.

Comments

• Options

Tell her to get a second opinion on getting the vaccine. The flu vaccine is VERY different than the Moderna/Pfizer vaccines.

• Options

Can you describe the ‘horrible reaction’ was it an anaphylactic shock situation? As my patient, I’d want to know in far more detail what happened. I have no idea of the components of a Covid vaccine, they may not be the same as a flu vaccine. The Covid vaccines are all different, so she may be able to get one that is less risky. Until I knew at least these things, I would not know how to proceed. Certainly, it would be a good idea to have the vaccine in a proper facility that has back up medical care and emergency drugs.
    I do have one friend who went into anaphylactic shock with the vaccine. She was treated and told not to get her second dose. Having been told that, she was reassured that with the Pfizer vaccine and research that has already come out of Israel, she would still have 90% protection from the single dose.
    While this does not totally answer your question, I don’t see why a doctor’s note and very careful masking for herself and testing before a tour, she ought to be allowed to travel if she really finds she can’t get any of the vaccines.