Options

Vaccine card

For proof of vaccination when traveling on tours in the U.S. do we need the actual paper card or would a copy on our phone be acceptable?

Comments

• Options

You will be required to show the actual CDC vaccine card if it is requested.

• Options

Our local CVS is selling plastic holders designed to protect the CDC vaccine card.

• Options

Amazon also sells protective covers or you may have a leftover name badge holder from a convention that will fit the card.

• Options

I read on The Points Guy that the travel industry is starting to press the government on the question of why vaccinated people need to be doing covid testing? Granted the vaccine is ‘only’ 95% effective, but taking two things happening at the same time … contact and infection … around here you’ve got .07 times .05 equals .0035 which is your chance of becoming infected if you are vaccinated. If you don’t like those odds, you should probably throw away your car keys. (;-). Granted that there are many places with an infection rate of greater than .7% (seventh tenths of one percent) per hundred thousand people, but when you multiply that (whatever it is) times .05 you are still going to get a pretty low number.

• Options

And whatever you do, do not laminate your card- just in case they decide to start a booster shot program but don't issue new cards.

• Options

If you get a vaccine, they must issue you with some kind of record or card, I believe it is a safety issue apart from anything else. It must show the batch number in case somewhere along the line it is found there was a manufacturing problem with that batch. It’s the same thing as tracing food that has been contaminated in the factory.
    When we were waiting for our vaccines at the mass vaccine venue, the officials who literally shouted out info to everyone told us they had had people manage to lose their card before they left the building.
    I do hope they improve the card design before we all require boosters, what a great opportunity to issue something that would be far less likely to be forged....like a driving license that can fit in your wallet with all your other id except a passport.