Options

Do Not take a TAULK tour without reading about this company

This in not the Taulk Tour group like it was years go.
Since Covid they have only 1 interest....MONEY
I have read several forums and everyone is complaining about deposit and insurance money on trips that never took place and still they refuse to refund.
Personally we lost 4 deposits on Japan trips for 2020 and 2021 that of course never happened..Now they have increased the trip by $4000
and expect us to either agree to the increase or loose our deposit.
I would never feel safe leaving the country with a company whose only concern is for money with no customer at all. I will forgo my deposit money and choose another company who has outstanding reputation in these times!

Comments

• Options

Stephanie, since you just joined the forum and this is your first post - compared to many of us who have traveled with Tauck and participated in the forum for years - your comment isn't going to get much sympathy or support.

AT one point you say you "lost 4 deposits" then later you "will forgo my deposit" which means you didn't lose anything you just chose to walk away from it. If Japan is now too expensive, pick something else and put the money towards that. Also, are you confusing deposit (the money to hold your place on the tour) with Guest Protection (the travel insurance). I find it hard to believe if Tauck canceled the tour the deposit would not be refunded though the Guest Protection would likely only be a credit on account to be applied to another tour. You don't get a refund on your car insurance just because you didn't make a claim that year. You aren't obligated to buy Tauck's Guest Protection or any other travel insurance.

Yes, tours next year are probably going to be more expensive because costs will be more expensive. Is Tauck supposed to take a loss just to accommodate your desires?

• Options

I agree with Claudia Sails, we have taken 6 trips with Tauck, always a first class organization. When they cancelled tours on us, they let the whole deposit and insurance roll over. Also, their insurance policy re cancellation is spelled out. If you cancel that is very different from what happens when they cancel.

• Options

I visit the BBB now and again and have sometimes googled Tauck complaints, very very little comes up. If you do that for Viking and especially OAT, it’s a different story.

• Options
    edited June 2021

Everyone, please flag as SPAM (unless for some strange, unfathomable reason, you agree with OP) to make it go away. OP doesn't even know how to spell Tauck!

• Options

He has seven flags, he is not breaking any rules, just voicing an opinion.

• Options

Actually, the guidelines since 2015 include the statement not to discuss:

"Discuss Tauck policy – the Tauck Travel Forums are not an appropriate place to express concern over the policies and practices of Tauck, Inc; the Travel Forum is not a customer relations or customer service tool. Furthermore, messages that address a specific Tour Director or other Tauck employee by name are not permitted. For comments or concerns of this nature, please email info@tauck.com."

So technically it is against the rules, but we've been discussing how Tauck is/was handling cancellations and money for the past year so hardly enforced.

It also bursts the myth that just having users flag a post so many times make it go away. Obviously takes some action by Tauck staff.

• Options

Evidently, the feature where 5 SPAM flags resulted in a post being automatically removed and sent to remediation, is no longer in effect, unless, remediation has already taken place and Tauck IT decided to leave the post.