October 8, 2022

Hi! My husband and I just booked this wonderful tour for 2022. Would like to hear from others who will be joining us.

Comments

• Hi nyfeds.

I see no one has responded, perhaps because your tour date is so far off. I have not taken this tour but have visited the area twice, both times by enjoying bed and breakfast inns on Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. We toured Newport, RI, on Tauck's Grand New England excursion many years ago.

I hope you like seafood! Enjoy.

• edited July 2021

Thank you so very much. Hoping others on our tour will post as we get closer to our tour date. We toured with Tauck many years ago through New England. Time to return and more fully tour Cape Cod. And, yes, we love seafood. :)

• If I did this trip I would have to find my way to Rockport. I was born in Boston but lived in Rockport where we had a forty-two foot yawl named “Scylla”, the same name as the company that runs Tauck’s river boats.

• nyfeds - I haven't looked at the itinerary for your trip, but I hope you get to have a traditional clam bake on the beach. So much fun! Terribly messy, but fun.

Sealord - A fun and relaxing trip from Boston to Rockport is by train and ferry. You can take the train from Boston to Salem and then take a ferry from Salem to Rockport.

• While not listed in itinerary, in Oak Bluffs, the TD will no doubt point out not only its colorful gingerbread cottages, but also the Camp Meeting Association's 19th-century Tabernacle building. Both come with fascinating history and were off-the-beaten-path highlights of this tour.

• October is a great month to enjoy Cape Cod and the Islands. Just keep in mind that the days are in the 60´s and the nights in the 50´s. The Harbor View Hotel in Edgartown is fabulous and the view of the harbor while sitting in a rocking chair should be on your list. If you have seen Jaws then you will recognize the ferry and many other locations. Oak Bluffs has a carousel which could still be open in early October.

• I’m sitting on Cape Cod right now. Sitting on the balcony facing the sea. arrived at 3pm, beautiful sunshine, been on a long walk. Ready for dinner soon!

• We are going July 15. Anyone else ?

• edited April 2022

We are going Oct. 4, anyone else going then?

• October 15 here.

• My husband and I did this trip (along with another couple we met on another Tauck trip). We really enjoyed the trip.

• My wife and I just booked the September 15, 2022 (small group) tour. It will be our second Tauck tour and we can't wait. We previously had a cruise planned for that week, but just decided to do something a little less "Covid concerning" if that makes sense. I too would love to hear more about this tour, and hope maybe some others who will be with us will join this.

• The people who went on this tour last year were mainly underwhelmed by it who reported here. We went on an independent tour to the area and enjoyed it. We were very disappointed with Provincetown, a place we had been to many years ago. There are no longer lots of interesting galleries or good atmosphere and the Tauck people felt the same.

• This was one of my first Tauck tours, more than a decade ago. The small towns, esp. Chautauqua history (Oak Bluffs) were a highlight for me. P-town was crazy-touristy in the summer; I spent that afternoon with a former neighbor (her artist-husband taught there) in lieu of whale watching and went to the art museum and the Portuguese bakeries. Despite the TD's incessant bad jokes (I've had only one other disappointing TD since), I had a great time, even stayed in touch with a few people. I think it taught me that the TD does not necessarily make or break a tour.

• Noticed a few others going September 15, 2022. We are looking forward to the trip.

• Wanted to let you know we just did this trip Aug 20-27 and found it to be a wonderful trip with the perfect variety of things to do as well as the time you spent together as a group. We loved our group but also enjoyed the time on our own. I noticed comments that people thought it was a trip you could do on your own. In my opinion there is no way you could stay where we stayed and eat at the places we ate at and do all the tours and ferry rides for less than what Tauck charges. Plus not having to worry about all the traffic and knowing where you are going. You won’t be disappointed!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file