Options

COVID test required 72 hours before boarding Ponant ship in Reykjavik, Iceland

13»

Comments

• Options

A Tauck representative told a fellow traveler that we board the ship around 4:00 PM. Being on the east coast makes the time factor a little more in our favor. We have found a place that will do molecular PCR testing on a Sunday with 24 hour turn-around (we hope with our fingers crossed). We leave on Monday (6/28) morning with a Tuesday morning arrival in Reykjavick. I am looking forward to a fun, relaxing trip. All of the COVID precautions on board the Le Dumont D'Urville look like they will keep us safe and healthy while on board.

• Options

Just to clarify, Lisbon is not on lockdown. They have had a spike in the virus due to the Delta variant. As such, residents of Lisbon are not allowed to leave the city limits over this weekend so as not to spread this new variant across the country. Of course, things can change at any time.

• Options

I bet you're right, Smiling Sam (and you likely are ALWAYS right). In fact, my travel agent just secured this information from Tauck for me: "Our Reservations Manager has confirmed that Tauck guests do not have to provide the questionnaire that is mentioned in the comments below. The requirements we sent with the reservation details are the most up to date requirements needed for this tour." I take that to mean no medical exam/questionnaire or uploading proof of vaccination in advance. However, still assuming the PCR tests within 72 hours of boarding.

• Options

Sam, we'll all be waiting to hear how all this went for you.

• Options

And don't forget to fill out the "Pre-Registration Form" and send it within 72 hours before arriving in Iceland. They email back a barcode to be scanned upon arrival There is a link for the form on Tauck's Travel Update page.

• Options

Look at xpresscheck.com. They have clinics at various airports to have the PCR covid test. I'm geting my PCR test in Denver airport where I have a long layover; and my daughter in San Francisco. I also have the problem from living in a small town and not having the ability to get the test on a Sunday. Coincidentally, alot of the airport testing clinics are already filling up! I hope this helps in some way.

• Options
    edited June 2021

Our Travels—that website doesn’t appear to relate to COVID tests. Is there another link/name? And it appears the Austin airport doesn’t have a testing site, unfortunately. … Ah, just found it: Xprescheck.com

• Options

The pre-registration form is used when you clear customs and at the last stop in the airport as part of the testing stop. Airport testing is supposed to stop on June 30th. We have to quarantine in the hotel room until the airport test results are available (supposed to be 5-6 hours).The vaccination card is used before boarding flight to Iceland and in landing in Iceland. The COVID test we took in the the states we expect to use when boarding the ship.

• Options

Just received this notice from Tauck: "Ponant no longer requires a negative PCR test before embarkation for fully vaccinated guests." That removes a complicating factor in terms of timing and cost.

• Options

Judy - You may have a mask free trip other than airports and airplanes. Iceland went mask free and now that Ponant has removed the PCR test requirement, so they may also remove their mask requirement.

• Options

I'm also "a Judy". Our trip is 7/28 and this good news.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file