PCR test before trip

Ecuador according to CDC website as well as Airlines website does not require PCR Covid test for completely immunized travevellers.However ,Tauck recommends based on the feedback from travelers in general.My question is anyone who has traveled recently to Galapagos has taken the PCR test before the trip ? Thanks

Comments

• We were not planning on having a Covid PCR for our Costa Rica tour. Maybe if the PCR test is expensive, it might be better to compromise with an antigen test which is faster and I assume cheaper.
    Ecuador is one of those countries which relies on travelers and will be anxious to attract visitors by making it easier.

• Tauck website says either you have to be fully vaccinated or have a negative test for Galapagos.But Tauck also says it is highly recommended to have the test .

• Having looked on the latest, November 22nd. travel requirements on the Tauck webpage, you do require a PCR test for entry into Ecuador

• This is from the November 22 pposting

For entry to Ecuador

All guests must provide one of the following: 1) A government-issued certificate, such as the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, indicating that you are fully vaccinated and received the final required dose at least 14 days prior to entry to Ecuador, or 2) A negative result from a PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to your arrival in Ecuador.

The important word is "or." I read this proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test.

• I should stop reading info in the middle of the night!

• I interpreted Tauck directive as either vaccination or test;but they are also saying it is highly recommended.That is what is confusing.We are not planning to get tested unless things change before our departure.

• Not that confusing really. You can be vaccinated and test positive. In any case you will need to be tested to return to the U.S. We have done two trips, and we were tested multiple times. Maybe not required, but knowing you test ‘negative’ before leaving the U.S. could be more convenient that testing positive while ‘on the road’.

• Testing negative in the US doesn’t insure you wouldn’t test positive on the road.

• Were we on this trip, we'd get tested, "just in case." At the moment, we are in Buenos Aires enroute to Ushuaja and Antarctica. And on our second PCR test (first for entry into Argentina and 2nd for boarding the ship). Fine, whatever, just the price of travel these days.

My initial comment above is because it was free, easy and quick in our area (metro Washington). Drive through testing by appointment and same day results.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file