Options

April 2022 trip & Changes to river cruises due to covid

2»

Comments

• Options

Yes, I heard the vaccine pass will not be necessary after 3/14 if all Covid trends continue. Now just waiting for US to drop the test for re-entry.

• Options

Fingers crossed & here's hoping as to the vax pass & test to re-enter the US! Now if the war would just settle down.....

• Options

I am confused keep reading different guidance on if we need to have a Covid Test 72 hrs prior to flying to Paris. I am flying Air France so going to check with them too. I have the form thanks to Nancy on this feed that has to be filled out prior to getting on the plane (i think). I just want to go now hired a private guide for my free day. Let's travel!!!

• Options

The guidance keeps changing. When we started getting ready for J&E we needed both a NET 72 hrs prior and upon arrival tests for Jordan, now need neither. We paid for both, no refunds, so we will get the first one anyway.

• Options

If you are fully vaccinated you do not need a Covid test to travel into France. Fully vaccinated means 1 JJ or 2 MRNA vaccines all with boosters if less than 4 months since getting the JJ or second shot. Currently you still need a proctored test within 1 day of departing France for the US. Be sure you are reading current up-to-date info. Sometimes with googling you can get old articles. Tauck should have up-to-date info for you as well. Your airline should also have current info.

• Options

My wife and I did the Rhine cruise in 2019 and were originally booked on the "French Escapade" May of 2020, which didn't happen. We've been trying to piggy back a few days in London for the Chelsea Flower Show on ether end of these cruises and when we re-booked for May 2021 we switched to Savoring France to sync better with a London stop at that time, which also didn't happen, then just stuck with this tour (May 8th) when we had to re-book a second time and will skip the flower show this trip. We are looking forward to getting back out and love France. Anyway... I was following the conversation here about Vax requirements and got confused. On the french gov site it says booster if last shot was over 9 mos ago. I've seen here several say 4 mo. I thought the 4 mo requirement was for the french vax pass which they are dropping soon, not for entry ? Just asking cause my wife just got her second shot in Jan. She would be fine if it's 9 mo but not if it's 4
    Thanks
    Joel

• Options

We may be wrong but we are interpreting the "last shot" not as the booster but the second of a series of two vaccines. If it's the booster, we got ours in October/November at the 7month point from our series of Moderna shots. No one is promoting or requiring a 4th shot to the common public, so we feel safe in believing that with two shots and a booster we are good to go! Hope that is correct!

• Options
    edited March 2022

I believe in France and probably EU if it’s been more than 4 months since your 2nd shot you need to be boosted plus 2 weeks for entry. If less than 4 months then you do not need the booster. Also, the booster cannot be more than 9 months after the JJ or 2nd MRNA. They just want everyone to be fully immunized according to each person’s vaccine schedule.

• Options

The Tauck information says 9 months right now, but France may change requirement so that they will only have people who have had boosters, who knows. I wonder why your wife has only recently had her second shot as most of us eager travelers here have had our vaccines as soon as possible, planing in advance to be able to travel. If rules change, no worries, if you took Tauck insurance you can cancel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file