French Covid Certificate for Americans

2»

Comments

• Hi all, quick question. Did you receive an auto reply when you sent in your French application? We did not. Was just curious. Thanks! Herb

• I sent ours in today. We are on French Escapade on Sept 2. Did not receive any reply. 🤞

• Thanks JW. Good to know. We're a cruise or two later.

• Yes, we got one auto response but had sent both applications using my email.

• Well that's interesting. Originally we got a response saying the file on both of ours was too big, even though they were below the 10mb limit. We then switched emails and had no issue but didn't receive auto responses saying that it was received. There's the big question of to resend or ... would that just muck things up if they received it? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Hello again,
    I sent out all of our pertinent information this past Sunday 8/22 for the French QR health pass. I’m assuming I did it correctly (separate emails, under 10 MB, etc) but who knows? My question is - how long should I wait before I resend it? We did not receive a notification that the email was received but I’ve heard that’s often the case lately. I’m the kind of person who wants to prepare everything possible that I can ahead of time, so I’d love to have this pass. But, the sane part of me knows that Tauck will get us in everywhere we need to go and I should stop worrying. Anyway, advice for the travel pass would be welcome and good wishes for all of my fellow travelers who are out there😊

• Exlandlubber,

Sorry I can't help you with this particular issue. I just wanted to thank you, however, for such kind sentiments for your fellow travelers. Have a wonderful trip!

• Exlandlubber, we're all wondering what to do. I sent ours in on the 16th and haven't received anything but one auto response. Been tracking comments on Rick Steves forum and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason. Someone who submitted there's last weekend arriving on the same day we are got their QR codes a day later. I may resend ours from my husband's email as backup. Did just notice in the subject lines that I had not put hyphens between the numbers in the dates. No idea if that had any affect or not. On the positive side many reports of Americans in France now not having any trouble getting into places with just their CDC card.

• Thanks to you both, Claudia and kfnkfnzk. I heard this morning that the European Union is discussing today a move for blocking US tourists due to our spikes in Covid. Obviously that would kill the trip so I’m keeping my eyes and ears open for news today. :)

• edited August 2021

Oh my goodness, more chaos for Tauck, but not unexpected

Ah, I see that his was said two weeks ago and has been denied.

• I read the piece in Fortune mag online. Sounds similar to concerns a week or so ago. Interesting that it's Slovenia (current EU presidency) that is raising this. Not sure they'll get countries like France, Italy, etc who are profiting from tourists to go along with it.

• edited August 2021

As said in another thread. We just spent three days in Marseille and got in everywhere with nothing but the CDC card at most. Many places did not even require that. I just got asked if we had the CDC cards at a restaurant in Corsica. We said, yes, and they were happy. They never looked at them. Along the waterfront/restaurant area in Marseille there were numerous covid test sites that would give you results in fifteen minutes.

• The timing for Americans submitting applications for the French health pass is a moving target. When first announced, they asked that only those there or arriving by 15 Aug apply. Yesterday is was 26 Aug. Today it's 31 Aug. We still haven't received ours - applications submitted 16 Aug. Going to be interesting. I have paper and digital copies of all the attachments. Will check back next week from Switzerland see what the dates are then.

• It is possible that “Paris” is a different issue. But in France we were in Marseille, and Provence, and Nice. We have been to Elba, Corsica, and Sardinia. No place that we have been has required anything more than the CDC card … most required less. Our tour director makes sure everyone is carrying their ‘original’ CDC card and a copy of their passport. That’s all. When we enter buildings everyone masks up, until seated for food and drink.

• We are excited to be joining Tauck on Sept 2. Had lunch with a friend who visited Paris, France for 3 weeks..they had no problems getting around museums and restaurant using CDC card. Everyone was wearing a mask. The French were very welcoming. The best to everyone and enjoy your tours. I am confident Tauck will take care of our needs and make an enjoyable trip for all! Bon voyage!

• Has anyone had any luck in getting the French passe sanitaire? Both the Mrs and I sent in the requested files via email a couple of weeks ago and finally got a reply today.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are sorry to inform you that we are currently receiving a very large number of requests and will not be able to process them all.
    We remind you that a negative result of an antigen test taken at a pharmacy, available all over France, grants the user a health pass that is valid for three days (72 hours).

_We inform you that a new application is available online for foreign citizens except students : https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers
    and following this link for students : https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etudiants_

We just filled out the new online form but don’t have too much confidence in getting anything back. We are scheduled for the Impressions from the Seine later this month. The form is quite clunky to navigate and not very straight forward.

• I will chime in one more time. We just returned from a trip that included Germany, France, Italy, and Malta. The CDC vaccination card is all we needed to get in anywhere. Many places, all you needed was a mask. I would not stress about the French passe sanitaire. The most difficult requirement was Malta’s that required the VeriFly app completion. VeriFly is now considered a dirty word with our group of Tauck travelers.

• Update on my efforts to get this. Thankfully, when we left for our 2 European tours, I brought a thumb drive with the files needed like a scan of our passports, CDC cards and our flight info. After arriving in Europe I got an email saying the original process was overloaded and they wouldn't be processing applications but a link to another outfit that could. When we were at our hotel in Lucern (we did the Switzerland tour before the French) I used a hotel PC to create an account at FranceConnect then submitted my application attaching the required files. It asked did I want to do another and I submitted my husbands. By the time I had returned to our room I had gotten a email that mine had been submitted followed by emails saying his had been, it had been processed and then his actual QR code. It came so fast, no human being could have possibly read thru all the information and made a decision. Waited a day then sent a message asking about mine. No response. Waited til I was in France and tried again. No response. Then surprise surprise, the day we had our covid tests in Paris my application was processed and my QR code sent. Total coincidence or did the covid test results trigger something? I have no idea. Our TD on the French tour has been waiting for her pass as well. Thankfully, the CDC card is pretty much everywhere. One report of someone trying to use at a restaurant that would only take the pass.

• Thank you Claudia, welcome back!!!

• Hi Claudia! I’m glad you had such a good trip. I am writing this from Deauville, France after our D-Day beaches tour. Powerful and exhausting but that’s for another post. We’ve been in France since 9/18 and the paper copy I made of our vax cards has worked everywhere without any hesitation. I also copied our Global Entry cards on the same paper for a photo ID but I don’t know if it was even necessary. I just didn’t want to carry the original vax cards. Too important.
    Wednesday morning (we fly home Friday) we are getting antigen tests done here at the hotel 40 Euros each, paid for by us. It’s a pain, but that’s the way it goes. Hope that helps. Kim

• Thank you Kim, safe travels. Look forward to hearing more upon your return!!

• Kim, glad your tour is going well too. I think covid tests are cheaper if you go to a pharmacy but the young man who came to the hotel and did ours was very good. The extra euros was worth the convenience. He actually told our TD right after that unofficially we were are negative but said not to say anything until the official results came out. We got emails in french from their system where you had to do a convoluted process of clicking on a link, typing in your birthday, then it sent a special code good only for 10 minutes that you used. To make it easier, he sent each of us an email with a pdf of the results to print and an invoice. We then forwarded his email to the front desk and they printed for us to use to get on our flights.

When the results came out and we all knew we could go home on time the cheerfulness factor went way up on our small group. And it was already pretty high.

• We don't go on our French trip until May, 2022. I'm hoping a lot of this stuff will either unnecessary or more efficient by then. Time will tell. I'll start worrying about it in January or February. However, for those of you going sooner, keep up the informative posts.

• Our health pass didn't arrive before our trip - or after! As it turns out, our CDC card was all that anybody asked for anywhere we went on our own in Paris (restaurants) and during our river cruise. I think most restaurants are so eager for business they just need some level of proof of vaccination.

• Sounds like as of 3/14/22 the Vaccine Pass will no longer be necessary in France for most tourists if current Covid trends continue. Just in time for my next trip!

• French Escapade-Paris to Monte Carlo (River Cruise). Does anyone know how much the testing is (Covid) to get back to the US? Is the price different if you pay with Euro's then a credit card. Our last night will be in the hotel. Won't have a cell phone, can you use the ihealth test kits if you bring it from the US. How do you show proof of the results to the airline. I appreciate anyone's help, just trying to get this figured out before we leave. Our original travel date was March 2020 and want to make this a smooth & enjoyable trip with no problems. Thanks

• Too many unknowns but I can give you what I do know. We took back to back trip lasts year with Tauck in 2 different countries. Testing, payment, costs and procedures were different in each. In one case it could be charged in the other they wanted cash in Euros. On both tours the TD gave us plenty of info ahead of time about the process. I imagine your TD's will as well.

If you don't plan to rely on Tauck/TD to arrange this and prefer to use a self test it has to be proctored by video online. There are different companies that offer this service and you need to go to their website and find out how to order the tests, how to get a time slot for testing, and what the technical requirements are. Some allow use of a smart phone while others require a tablet or PC.

Proof to airlines also can depend. Several major airlines like Delta and United have online programs that let you upload your documents ahead of time. If you don't use those you'll have to bring it to the airport and present them upon check in. In Paris last year we got an email with a link to documentation which our hotel front desk was happy to print out for us and we used it at checkin.

As said above, your TDs should help you navigate all this (except for the self test). You can also go to some other sites like the

https://thepointsguy.com/news/at-home-covid-testing-travel/ this article was from back in Dec but still some useful info

Also the Rick Steves travel forum has several discussion on this topic.

• Hi Claudia. Thanks for the info. This will give me a starting point & hopefully the web-sites will help. Maybe I can find web-sites for people who have done ocean cruises. If anyone else has any information please let me know. Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file