Booster shots

40 year olds and 13 and 15 year olds can’t get boosters. What do you do to go on Bridges London and Paris trip?

Barbara

Comments

• Is this what you are referring to:

"Vaccination Requirement: All Tauck guests age 12 and older must be up to date with their vaccinations for Covid. If over 270 days have passed since your initial vaccination series, you must have a booster shot. No booster shot is required if you can show proof of having recovered from Covid within 180 days of travel. "

In addition, for anyone over 18 you can't enter France without meeting the same requirements.

As far as I know there is no workaround for these requirements nor to meet U.S.requirements to test negative or have proof of recovery to return to the U.S.

• Yes, your can get boosters, you just go and get one and anyone over five can now get a booster. The recommendation is that those over fifty should get a booster but it is not a rule.

• My family is going on a Bridges trip In July and we are all boosted. I believe right now second boosters are limited to immunocompromised and 50 and over (unless something has changed in the last few days).

• This is off the CDC web today. Note the second to last point which says TRAVEL

Eligible People Who May Consider Getting the 2nd Booster Dose As Soon As Possible
    People with certain underlying medical conditions that increase the risk of severe COVID-19 illness
    People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised
    People who live with someone who is immunocompromised, at increased risk for severe disease, or who cannot be vaccinated due to age or contraindication
    People at increased risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2, such as through occupational, institutional, or other activities (e.g., travel or large gatherings)
    People living or working in an area where the COVID-19 community level is medium or high

• You guys are arguing second boosters but I believe the original poster is talking about first. Tauck only requires first boosters and that only if it's more than 270 days since the initial series. No idea why she claims they can't get boosters.

• Yes, that is what I originally thought but then wasn’t sure.