Visa for Israel Jordan tour

Could someone clarify if we need to get our visas to enter Jordan or does Tauck take care of this for us?

My husband and I are going on the Israel/ Jordan tour starting on October 11, 2012. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• No visa necessary. Tauck handles it.
  • P.S. It's a great trip!!!
  • Thanks Judy. We are going in October. Do you have any recommendations on what clothes to take or anything you wish you knew before you went?
  • I have 7 pages of notes I sent to a friend who was taking the trip right after us. If you send me your email address I will be happy to send them to you. shankrj@aol.com
  • To Judy 05- my email is hirschamy@yahoo.com. Thanks so much. I look forward to reading your notes.
  • judy05 wrote:
    I have 7 pages of notes I sent to a friend who was taking the trip right after us. If you send me your email address I will be happy to send them to you. shankrj@aol.com

Thanks very much. Please send your note to herbweil33@gmail.com
    We leave Victoria on Nov 11 for the Nov 13 from Tel Aviv.
  • To Judy,

We are leaving on the Nov. 13th trip. Could we please have your notes? Thanks.

Penny & Ken

krpg73@verizon.net
  • We are going on the Oct 11 tour. We are flying from NYC to Amman and have gotten a Visa to enter Jordan because we are staying there overnight. We are then flying to Tel Aviv the next day to join the tour. However, I understand that Tauck does get a group Visa for our return through Jordan at the end of the tour. Very exciting ! Lori & Ross from Chicago
  • Can an expert or another traveler answer this. We want to know how we deal with visas if we are staying later (rather than earlier) and are leaving Amman independently. Do we just get our own visas at the airport upon departure? Does this confuse the airport people since we will have entered from Israel on a group visa (I presume). Please advise.
  • wise woman wrote:
    Can an expert or another traveler answer this. We want to know how we deal with visas if we are staying later (rather than earlier) and are leaving Amman independently. Do we just get our own visas at the airport upon departure? Does this confuse the airport people since we will have entered from Israel on a group visa (I presume). Please advise.

Wow is this tour back on again? I haven't been following events, but things must have quieted down some. Of course most of the trouble was just in Cairo.
  • Thanks very much. Please send your note to bschraga@gmail.com
  • Judy if your still out there my wife and will be joining this tour in 2015
    Would love to read your seven pages of notes
    Christopher
    cbl@nbnet.nb.ca
  • Judy05. Would love to see your notes as well. Wbeebe4704@aol.com
  • herbw wrote:
    Thanks very much. Please send your note to herbweil33@gmail.com
    We leave Victoria on Nov 11 for the Nov 13 from Tel Aviv.

My husband and I are looking into taking the Nov. 13 trip and wondered what the weather was like in the various cities. Any help would be appreciated.
  • HI, We are leaving in 2 weeks and would love to see your Israel/Jordan notes as well.
    Please email: my61rolls@gmail.com

Thank you,
    Bob Pazen
    Ventura, CA
  • I would love to see the 7 pages of notes also....fbeatty359@aol.com. Doing the Feb 2016 trip. Thank you!!
  • Also, does anyone know if Matthew will be our tour director? He is fantastic!!! We had him for Egypt.
  • edited February 2016
    judy05 wrote:
    No visa necessary. Tauck handles it.
    to judy05 could you please send me your 7 pages of notes? Thanks
    srubin15@optonline.net

if anyone has her 7 pages of notes I would appreciate having them forwarded to me. Thanks
    srubin15@optonline.net
  • I just tried to send you the notes and my email to you was bounced back twice.
  • judy05..My husband & I are booked on the May 12,2016 trip and would appreciate it if you would forward your 7 pages of notes to us. Thanks! Our email is ljgribbin@att.net
  • Judy05,
    My wife and I are on the May 17, 2016 trip and would love to review your pages of notes. Actually we are arriving a couple of days early so hopefully you might have some suggestions of Tel Aviv things to do that are not included in Tauck's activities. My email is rjstern@bellsouth.net.
  • Has anyone who previously took this trip care to comment on the Israel VAT refund availability at the Alenbi Bridge crossing into Jordan? Does Tauck allow time for this process to be completed?
  • This is what I found by googling VAT from Israel to Jordan. It is very informative.

http://www.israelpost.co.il/content.nsf/pages/vat_refund?OpenDocument

It is clear you can claim Vat at the border crossing, but Tauck gives a very detailed account in the Before you Go section of the tour of the process they go through to get you through the the border crossing and they mention that it takes about an hour with their very streamlined process. I know that the Vat in Israel is 17% but if it is like most countries you will pay a processing fee,so it may not be 17% you get back. I think you should call Tauck to ask about the expectations of you being given time or not to submit your VAT paperwork at the border, because if you think how much time it would take if everyone on your tour wants to do it, that could cause a significant delay in your onward journey. If it was me traveling with you, I would not be pleased, I would expect you to waiver it and chalk it up to an added vacation expense. I am curious what items you might want to buy, are their bargains?
  • thanks, British.
    I read the same information and from my past Tauck trips, I recall many participants filling out the VAT refunds and handling the process at the airports, which, of course, is different for this tour given the exit point in Israel. I don't know what we, (my spouse), will buy but given our past experience, I expect there will be an opportunity to collect some VAT refunds. I doubt that I am the first person to ask this question of Tauck so I expect they will have an answer. The commission rate charged by Milgram, LTD runs from 15% down to 4.8% based on amounts of purchase, so depending on how prolific a spender is will determine the refund. I agree that I wouldn't want to slow down the tour for this, but depending on the efficiency and level of service at the border crossing - it's worth asking what the experience is and what Tauck recommends.
  • I wonder if you might get a better response if you post this question on a new thread, with VAT in the heading, since the original topic was about visas? That way, past travelers may see it to answer. Tauck may not see your question. How about calling Tauck to ask this good question?
    My main experience with VAT return is when I travel to England. Not all stores participate or there is a minimum amount you have to spend in the store for them to do the paperwork for you. Then at the airport you are supposed to have the goods available for them to see. I have only been asked once, so I usually just pack them in my checked luggage and chance it. Quite often all you do is post the paperwork and receipts in a mailbox at customers and you receive the refund weeks later.
  • edited February 2016
    I was on the Oct tour and even though I had no need for the refund, our tour guide allowed the 4-5 people who did time to get their refund. Only took least than 30 mins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file