Options

Adriatic Treasures

Just back from Adriatic Treasures. Excellent adventure. Absolutely beautiful region. glad we chose land trip over small ship to visit inland cities and wineries. FYI stuff: early June and already rather warm. only caves required jeans and sweater. no need for sport coat or any dressy attire at all. good walking shoes a must. Dubrovnik - walking the wall before tour a must do. bring your voltage convertor / adapter. Rovinj hotel beyond amazing. nobody will starve on this trip. stay COVID safe - risk down now, but for crowded indoor venues be smart. Use your free time to explore towns as all very safe. enjoy this gem !

Comments

• Options

Walking the walls.. we arrive a day before the "opening" dinner, so have that day free. Is "Walking the Walls" something that would be a booked tour to do, or can it be done yourself? Viator has several tours, not sure which to do.

• Options

We did it before the tour and we just walked to where there was a ticket booth and bought tickets. No reservations. But maybe things have changed so check the web.

• Options

there are several places near your hotel to purchase 1 day Dubrovnik pass for 250 kuna ($35) for Walk the Walls and this also gets you into nearby Fort Lovrijenac. If you book with a tour group, you pay their fee AND also pay entry. check website for 1-day Dubrovnik Card

• Options
    edited July 2022

Also went on Adriatic Treasures in May. Gabby is clearly the best tour director we've ever had on a Tauck tour. We could not have been better taken care of. Weather was fine. Not too hot but very humid. Dressy nights were way too casual but I guess I'm old school. Hotels were very nice but Last night in Venice was a bust. Michelin star restaurant was not what one would expect. Very memorable trip and looking forward to Egypt and Jordan in Feb of 23.

• Options

We never rebooked this tour after it was canceled. What did you mean about the Michelin restaurant?

• Options

We’re on the Sept 4 trip. Is anyone else going then?

• Options

We also recently took this tour (JUne 16-28) and enjoyed it AND Gabby. Yes, the wall is a must do and can be done on your own and at your own pace. Easy ticket purchase just inside the Pile Gate to Old town which is short walk from your hotel.. Best to go early to beat the heat and the crowds. Some staircases are quite steep without handrails, but we are 75 and 85 and had no issues at all. Food is good, but not that memorable or varied. Lots of octopus and seabass is several different ways. Have fun

• Options

Any recommendations on airlines, flights? We're doing this trip in Sept. 2024. We're coming from the West Coast USA (LAX is nearest airport).

• Options

I went at the end of May and purchased my ticket for the wall on line before I left. Old Town where you go for the walk on the Wall is very close to the hotel, even though Tauck does a short walking tour of Old Town, there are places like the Old Pharmacy Museum and the Dominican Monastery Museum are worth visiting, I did all of that the day of the welcome dinner as I arrived the prior day. There is also a Jewish Museum in Old Town, worth visiting.

• Options

United has a nonstop flight from Newark to Dubrovnik four days a week, departing Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. If this works for your schedule it avoids connecting in Europe.

• Options

Thanks Wayside. I'll add that to the list. I've narrowed it down to Lufthansa, BA, and KLM. Lately I've been binging on You Tube about different airlines, classes, service, etc. One You Tuber I love is Vicarious Voyager, a young man who's commentary, wit, humor, and coverage is wonderful.

• Options

I took a nonstop from JFK to Dubrovnik on Delta in 2021.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file