Options

Luggage Weight

We are getting ready for our upcoming week in Scotland trip (August 10), but will be in London for a week beforehand. Does anyone know what the Tauck weight limit is for luggage? We will be traveling business class that allows up to 70lbs.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022

You will find luggage requirements/limitations on the website. Find your tour and scroll down until you see the discussion on luggage. Fifty (50) pounds is the weight limit.

• Options

This is what Tauck asks for European land tours and river cruises:

"Due to space restrictions, we ask that you please limit your checked luggage to one suitcase per person weighing no more than 50 pounds (23 kg) and with overall dimensions (length + width + height) not exceeding 62 inches (158 cm)." This is the amount the bus driver, TD and hotel staff assume they'll be dealing with on each hotel move. Anything more is extra work.

Your tour looks like a small group so you won't be as pressed for space as some. If you're willing to transport a bag to/from the bus and your hotel room with each move, you can get a special luggage tag from the TD for hand carried bags. I have an underseat sized roller bag that I use as an airline carryon. The advantage is you can get your large bag ready the night before so you don't need to worry about what time bags are picked up (not usually a big problem) then use the small bag to stow your overnight gear. Bring it down from the hotel room and the bus has a special compartment just for these bags. At the next hotel, you pick it up and take it to your room. Anything you need access to during the day put in a tote bag or backpack you bring on board the bus.

• Options

Tauck allows 50. pounds. For two weeks of touring that is ample, our bags usually weigh under 40 lbs.

• Options

@Claudia Sails Is that always the case that the buses have that extra compartment? Less than 3 weeks to our Scotland trip!

• Options

Sherrill, We've taken 5 land tours and there has been on all those tours. Plus there is usually space at the back of the bus especially on small group tours.

British, I bring the small underseat roller bag because I can't handle a heavy backpack as my main carryon for international travel. I'm more than happy to carry it to/from the bus. I could probably stow it in the bus overhead but it's easier on me and the bus to use the compartment under the bus.

• Options

I do the same Claudia, can't do a backpack because of my back.

• Options

Thanks Claudia and Gladys. Trying strategize my packing. This week I will be getting really serious about packing things up while I still have time to correct, if needed.

• Options

Its a very casual tour. Focus on staying dry and warm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file