How many Euros should I bring?

2»

Comments

• i was a big careless with the math. My Highlander is a 2006, so it is really seventeen years old.

Having a Rolex is not ‘bragging’. Having ‘three’ Rolexes … that’s ‘bragging’! (;-)

• Option B - Having three Rolexes is stupid, unless you're a dealer.

• British
    When I posted my original question, I had no idea how much entertainment I would get seeing how this thread could meander to watches and cars. BTW, my father proudly wore his Rolex until it stopped working. He wanted me to have it when he passed, which was two years ago. I'm not a watch person, so I keep it in a secure spot. After reading all of this, it may never get fixed, but just be a nice keepsake.

• 😂😂, But we only have one car between us now

• edited September 2022

She is probably laughing because her three Rolexes are undoubtedly worth a lot more than what they paid for them. Mine is just the Oystersteel version, but I would guess that a Gold Rolex kept in mint condition would be ‘investment’ grade in this market.

If I ever won the lottery, (fat chance … I never play), I would own one of these.

• Stunning. A watch is synonymous to art; the only difference is you wear it.

• edited September 2022

Lions and Tigers and Panthers, oh my. While searching for the fanciful watch I saw years ago in the FT's How To Spend It (now rebranded HTSI to be less pretentious lol), I found these:

• We are back from our Grand Rail Adventure trip and I want to follow-up with an answer to my original question regarding the need for Euros. I ended up bringing too much cash, since everything on the train was complimentary. Even the drinks in the lounge in the evening. Besides the time on the train, I only needed cash for some small souvenirs and a meal from a street vendor in Vienna. We enjoyed this trip. I will provide more information in a new thread.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file