Aon Insurance is terrible!

Had to cancel our trip to Scotland due to unanticipated need for spinal surgery, which was performed in August. Tauck was responsive and refunded the land portion cost within DAYS of cancellation. Aon continues to delay refunding the airfare portion and tells you it is busy with claims. Isn't it their business to have sufficient staff to process claims? Is paying claims a low priority so they can hold and use the money which should be refunded? IMO, Tauck needs to partner with a more responsive insurance company. Really, no excuse for these delays.

Comments

• Isn't it their business to have sufficient staff to process claims?

Insurance companies are in business to collect premiums.

• edited October 2022

You will get reimbursed. I’m also waiting since the beginning of July.

• All insurers are inundated these days with Covid claims, the last three years have been atypical. Plus hiring is difficult, particularly for jobs that require special training like claims processors. We’ve all seen that in every day life, in restaurants, shops, etc.

The insurance business is providing financial protection for their customers; collecting premiums and wisely investing them is where the claim payments come from.

AON is no different from Allianz or any of the other companies offering travel insurance. Hang in there, you will be reimbursed.

• We applied to AON for airfare reimbursement for a canceled trip last February—it took 3 months for us to receive it. We applied a month ago to KLM for reimbursement for a hotel night and 2 cab fares due to KLM’s cancellation of a flight causing us to miss a connection. I expect it will be at least as long before we see reimbursement. Tracking claims provides little to no information other than that they are being processed. Although it is said that patience is a virtue, I know that I and others are not feeling particularly virtuous in the current hurry up and wait environment.

• edited October 2022

Was 90 days before got confirmation they were working in my claim but still waiting on a actual decision if they are going to pay anything though. Confirmation from AON that claim was received was dated 06/16/2022

• edited October 2022

Submitted our claim June 15 th for delayed luggage. Followed up 3 x either the call center or online. Always status was received, assigned to an agent.About 10 days ago I escalated it to Tauck via phone. Told them how dissatisfied I am with AON insurance and how I wanted to cancel the already purchased policy for our 2023 trip.
    Short answer was I would lose my money if I canceled , they would elevate my dissatisfaction to a Tauck manager. Last night received an email, claim is settled, check should be received with 3-5 business days. Hope the check is in the mail. Good Luck fellow travelers.
    Update check received Oct 10!

• I will piggy back what you did.

• edited February 2023

Finally receiving my travel claim reimbursements. My initial submission of claims was received by AON dated 06/16/2022 and I got email noticed my claims had been processed and would be receiving payments in the next few days. Received check within a week for amount I had claimed.

Update. Finically received our checks in Jan 2023. Little over 7 months since initial claim sent in

• My husband and I had to cancel a Jewels of the Nile Egypt trip in January due to Covid. We called Aon to inform them that we would be processing a claim. The person answering the phone did not even understand what the policy was covering and told us that the trip insurance would not cover our travel. They clearly have an off shore claims center filled with “ polite people” who have no idea what they are doing and whose main job it is to stonewall. A Tauck customer relations person intervened for us. It is sad but I think Aon and Allianz are the only games in town. The aggravation factor dealing with call centers in foreign countries who continually disconnect you and have you running around in circles, is just not what we expect or want to deal with for a Tauck trip.

• MotherOfPoodles
    They clearly have an off shore claims center filled with “ polite people” who have no idea what they are doing

Sounds like the same call center Air Canada uses.