Pre stay or post stay hotel

We are on the Classic Italy tour early May beginning in Sorrento. Months ago when my TA booked our trip, she requested a 2 night pre stay at the hotel Tauck is using-Grand Excelsior Vittoria. Apparently Tauck still does not have their contracts with the hotels and can't book us yet--my concern is what if we can't get a room there for the 2 nights prior. Anyone else running into this situation? We are only 3 months out and they don't have their contracts?

Comments

• Something seems amiss to me. I suggest you have your travel agent contact Tauck again.

• She did yesterday

• Carop, I've had to wait on some tours but never this close to the tour date. Clearly we're not back to pre-covid norms. Can your TA book the hotel directly? A refundable rate if possible in case Tauck has to make a hotel change.

• Something similar happened to us going to Morocco. Finally, I took the bull by the horns and called the same hotel directly.(Don't be afraid of the language barrier, someone there always speaks English) I found out from them how late I could cancel my hotel without being responsible. (Important!) Then explained that I was with Tauck, wanted the Tauck rate, and reserved for me 3 nights. I watched this carefully, and Tauck did NOT make my reservation after all, so I was covered.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Tauck people. But always look over their shoulder. Just good business.
    Have fun on the Classic Italy tour! It was our first Tauck tour and we think of it fondly.

• The old "Trust, But Verify" philosophy. You're always your own best advocate.

• We just went through the same thing with a different Italian tour departing first week of May. Just barely got confirmed 2 days ago for the post stay. I had made a separate reservation as described above but then cancelled it. (The cancellation policy was ONE MONTH.)
    My concern was that if anything happened and we needed to cancel at the last minute, would our Tauck Aon insurance cover any reservation I had made outside of Tauck? I never needed to find that answer, but was just curious. In any case CaroP, I would think your confirmation will be coming in any time now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file