Le Agavi Hotel, Positano

We are holding a reservation for this tour in June 2015. Would love to hear opinions about the Le Agavi hotel. Did it meet your expectations of a five start property?

Thanks.

Comments

• My husband and I have booked the June 13, 2015 tour. I have taken this exact tour in 2009 with my daughter and the tour was amazing. I remember Le Agavi hotel as having spectacular views and wonderful staff. I think that the room itself could have used some updating (furniture, bedding, etc.), but that was almost 6 years ago.
  • I was there in 2011 and would agree that the views are spectacular. The room was a good size, but did need some updating. The hotel is set into a cliff and we did a lot of up and down hill walking. The bus couldn't even get to the front door and we walked downhill from a little parking area. All that said, it was an amazing place to stay. And Postitano is a beautiful little town.
  • Just got back from the Week in Capri, Amalfi, Rome... Sept 25-Oct 3, 2015. Agree on the hotel Le Agavi. Was the only hotel that did not seem to fit the high standards of Tauck. Views are great, staff even better, but the room was small. The bathroom had no shelves for your items. Ended up putting my shaving bag on the floor.
    The logistics of getting around in the hotel, down to the beach is confusing. By the time you figure it out it is time to go.
    Everything else on the trip was spot on. Our Tour Director...Roberta Wagner was fantastic. Informative, well organized, made us laugh.
  • It's a long time since we did this tour but I am almost 100 percent sure this is the hotel where it's the luck of the draw on rooms. We happened to get a huge room with two bathrooms, one of which you could sit on the loo right in front of a full length window and look at the view. We still talk about that room, years later! Other people's rooms were varied. Tauck clearly uses this hotel for the spectacular views and good staff, so clearly it is what I call Tauck standard. Italian hotels are often small family run hotels and that is all part of the charm. For those views I think it is acceptable for the rooms to have a certain charm. As long as they are clean and comfortable, a smaller room would have pleased us just as well, rather than a charmless large hotel in a less spectacular location. I am sure Tauck balances this experience with 'better' hotels on the remainder of the tour, but I only remember the one in Capri as clearly. I strongly feel that unless anyone has taken maybe 10 varied tours with Tauck, it is hard to know what Tauck Stamdard in hotels is all about.
  • We just returned from this tour - departed 20 May - and booked a triple room. Although we did not have 2 bathrooms (that would've been nice), this was perhaps the most charming hotel we've ever stayed in. The views are indeed spectacular and I think Positano is likely the most beautiful place on the planet. Views from the restaurant for breakfast were equally incredible. Staff were friendly and helpful as well. L'Agavi also served the best breakfast on the tour. Sigh I'm clearly missing our time on the Amalfi Coast and the best Tauck tour we've ever been on. Need to add that Maria, our Trip Director, was also the best tour director ever.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file