Options

New Zealand ETA

Hello,
Has anyone used the Web site to apply for the NZeTA vs. the APP? Was the processing time quick (i.e., 72 hours as stated on the APP)? The APP doesn't work (e.g., crashes, error messages) and has a history of online complaints and bad reviews. If you had problems with the APP, did you find any times of day that were better than others?
Thank you

Comments

• Options

The app has been down for weeks. Once in a while it pops up but I’d suggest you do it online instead. I got ours a month or so ago, I then added friends who are traveling with us as “additional travelers” as they couldn’t get the app to work. I’ve been trying to add another couple as well but even now my account has been unavailable.

• Options

Thank you; I'll have to figure out how to get a photo meeting their requirements because I noticed many had rejections due to their photo.

• Options

We find the best place to get photos for these kind of requirements is CVS. Before them it was Costco but I don’t think they have a photo department anymore, they sold it to Shutterfly. The have a list of what each country\visa requires

• Options

Thank you. It's ridiculous you have to pay additional for a photo when the Australia APP (and others) accept a cell phone photo and you already have an official Passport. I'm not mailing the application in like a Passport. The trip is not off to a great start.

• Options

Less trouble than many country requirements. And NZ is a fantastic place.
    When are you going? It’s winter there right now.

• Options
    edited July 2023

The app was up and down a few times this morning. We were part way thru adding a traveler and it crashed. My husband thinks it’s because of the FIFA World Cup this coming week and too many people are trying to get their visas.

Travelhj, don’t let this spoil your trip. Hopefully you’ve allowed enough time to get your visa. We’re going in October.

• Options

I tried, without success, to use the app over several weeks. I applied this week using the website. I took the picture using my iPad during the application process and received the approval document ten minutes later. Couldn’t have been easier!

• Options
    edited July 2023

Km32937, I had my friends do the same, tired of trying the app. They received their confirmations within a few hours.

• Options

I had no trouble with the App this year but my friend did and ended up getting the NZ visa on line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file