Options

Category 3 rooms on ms emerald

Hello,
Im considering a category 3 room on the ms emerald but concerned with closeness to Arthur's. Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Options

We chose the Cat 3 on Emerald for our Rhone cruise partially because of the proximity to Arthur’s. It is handy for getting beverages of various sorts. That being said, there are smoking areas on the back of the ship that sometimes affect the use of French balcony doors on the aft end of the ship.

• Options

We haven’t been on the Emerald but on our ship, Arthur’s was very smoky because the smoking area was just outside and the door to Arthur’s was left open. We tried to go there twice then gave up because of that and Arthur’s mainly remained deserted, don’t know whether that was because of the constant smoke. but we also found it dark and dreary.

• Options

I've never had a problem with a room close to Arthur's where I always go for breakfast and a lot of times for dinner.

• Options

I’ve always enjoyed Arthur’s. The view from the back of the riverboat looking out onto the river is very pleasant. Arthur’s is less noisy than the main dining room when st times I couldn’t hear the person next to me talk. I’ve never had a problem with those who smoke.

• Options

On our Seine river Cruise our cabin was at the stern , next to the laundry. Never heard any sound from the laundry machines Also liked being able to climb the stairs outside our cabin in the morning up to Arthur's to get coffee/rolls/cookies. It was never a problem.