Options

TAUCK HOTEL

We are coming in right now 2 nights early for the May 3rd, 2024 departure.We have requested a 3rd nite to book at Cape Grace hotel. Our travel agent is having trouble securing this, They say Tauck has not firmed the contracts up with Cape Grace. We called the Tauck rep today and they say they have not heard a confirmation from the hotel. Anyone else having a problem securing pre nights?

Comments

• Options

A few years ago, our travelling companions were unable to book a pre-tour night at the Cape Grace through Tauck. They had not inquired early in the booking process and it was their first Tauck tour, so they did not have the gift of time, and Tauck did not have additional contracted rooms. They were able to book the room independently.

• Options

Yes, I have several times had to wait especially this far ahead of a tour. I always got the rooms in the end.

• Options

When you book the tour early, the paperwork will say ‘on request’ for any extra non tour nights. Nearer the time, when they have gotten their hotel contracts confirmed, , that will change and you may get an updated invoice to reflect that. Always worth checking. I thought the Cape Grace was closed for renovations, no idea how long for.

• Options

We are on the October 2, 2024 tour. Our gift of time is reflected as booked for October 1, 2024. We did not opt for the upgrade. I understand the hotel is undergoing renovation during 2023 - maybe the uncertainty is due to the timing of completion. Our trip is a small group tour. We booked 6/3/2023 and the hotel was confirmed then. As British said, there are times when the rooms are "on request" pendng a contract with the hotel. We had no problem with that in the past.

• Options

No upgrade rooms when we did the tour years ago, we got great rooms anyway!

• Options

**Sheri_ B51* Tauck booked me for a pre-night at Cape Grace Upgraded room for the July 17th 2024 Elegant South Africa trip. No problem.

• Options

We booked 2 extra nights in upgraded rooms at the Cape Grace for September 2024, and the invoice reflects “on request.” We’ve had this experience before and never had a problem getting rooms once contracts are finalized.

• Options

The Cape Grace Hotel is really nice. Stayed there in May without a room upgrade. In my experience, no need for an upgrade. The hotel is undergoing a renovation now-