Options

Emerald/Sapphire Cat 7 Room Question

Without going into the reason why, does anyone know which room numbers in Category 7 on the Emerald and Sapphire (same design?) have the bed on the left or right as you walk into the room? Having been in Cat 7 rooms on other ships, I seem to remember there are some Cat 7's with beds on the left and others on the right. Maybe a more detailed deck map than what Tauck shows exists somewhere or maybe all rooms are bed on the left? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023

I have been in room 308 on both those boats, the Emerald in 2019 and the Sapphire this past April. I don't recall the former configuration, but in the latter the bed was to the right as you enter the room.

• Options

Rooms on ships normally alternate configuration to keep two bathrooms back to back to simplify the plumbing. So normally every other room would be right or left configured. Published deck plans are normally not that detailed, but if you know the layout you might be able to figure it out from the door positions.

• Options

I actually called Tauck with similar question for another boat / cabin. After some digging they came up with the answer.

• Options
    edited October 2023

Alan probably has the right answer. I can’t find any deck plans detailed enough to show door locations.

CruiseMapper has better deck plans that are easier to read. I find it interesting the way they number the rooms. On cruise ships (and aircraft carriers) even numbered rooms are on the port side, and odd numbered rooms are on the starboard side. On Tauck/Scylla river boats the odd numbers are port and the even numbers are starboard.

• Options

We were in cabin 312 on the Emerald this past April. The bed was on the right.

• Options

Based on the info posted by mfrancis and kfnknfzk and how most cabins are arranged on other decks and on other boats wrt to bed, door, and bathroom placement (and plumbing), here is my best guess. I suspect the port side cabins are mirror images of the starboard side. No guarantee :D

• Options

AlanS, I agree with your logic about the cabins alternating sides one next to the other or the reasons you mention. However, below is a link posted by Claudia Sails last year of a floor plan picture taken when on Inspire that shows all the Cat 7 cabins on the port side as being bed-right and the starboard side as being all bed-left. I realize Inspire is longer than Emerald and Sapphire, but perhaps the architecture is the same, with the orientation of the beds being reversed from one side of the ship to the other based on the reports above.

I guess we need more reports from previous passengers. Thank you for your illustration in any case.

https://forums.tauck.com/discussion/15690/inspire-floor-plan

• Options

We were in Room 305 on the Emerald in September - port side. Our bed was on the left side.

• Options

mfrancis-Thanks for the info, didn’t think much about it, but I am in 312, next April. Now I know. Anything else I need to know about the Emerald? My last ride was on the Grace, and I have to think it’s almost going to be a mirrored trip, different local.

• Options

As with KelvinNJ, our portside suite, #309, on Emerald had the bed to the left (in October so memory is very clear on this).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file