Options

Canadian Maritimes July 2024

I'm booked on the Canadian Maritimes trip for July 2024. I live near DC and having a heck of a time finding good flights to Halifax. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't think Tauck offers any flights for this trip.

Comments

• Options

You can fly non-stop from Boston to Halifax on Air Canada . You would probably need to get a partner airline from DC to Boston and make a connection. Most options likely go through Toronto or Montreal. Alternatively maybe you could connect through Ottawa (I know you can go non-stop from DC to Ottawa and then non-stop from Ottawa to Halifax). Ottawa is a very small airport which should make connecting quite easy when compared with Toronto.

• Options
    edited January 24

Looking at the timetables on ExpertFlyer (subscription based) and picking a random date in July, I found the following routes that are same-airline and one-ticket connections:

AA: DCA-PHL-YHZ
    UA: DCA-EWR-YHZ
    UA: IAD-EWR-YHZ
    DL: DCA-LGA-YHZ
    AC: DCA-YYZ-YHZ
    AC: IAD-YUL-YHZ
    AC: BWI-YYZ-YHZ

Times will vary by airline, route and day of the week. There are no direct flights or non-stops.

• Options

Luckily, just found an AA non stop from DCA , starting in early June. My trip starts in Halifax on 14 July 2024. I'll probabvly do that flight and then Halifax thru LGA on the way home. My ony concern are possible cancelatons, very few options. As I tell everyone, flying these days is like a crap shoot..Fingers crossed...thanks for your helpful suggestions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file