Options

E-visa for Tanzania

2»

Comments

• Options

Have too much fun, British!

• Options

Hi dogdoctor. The flight to Doha from Philly is now operated by AA and it’s a poor experience indeed compared to Qatar. Food was yucky and even its presentation and the hot breakfast was virtually cold. When we got onto the second Qatar flight, it was the complete opposite, excellent service and the food, wow, the appetizer was huge pieces of lobster, shrimp and tuna, that alone was enough to fill me up. Unfortunately, when we come in July, we only got economy seats for the family, so even if we had time between flights, we will not be going in one of the lounges. Doha just won the best airport again over Singapore, it’s gorgeous. Our tour begins the 14th.

• Options
    edited April 19

@British - that really sucks about the AA experience on such a long haul flight. That said, I'm very jealous of the food you guys get in Qatar business class. But let's face it, you paid for it! I'm glad their service was excellent as I've been reading more stories that Qatar is sliding a bit. But I suspect that may be more based on the individual travelers expectations combined with that particular flight crew that day.

You guys will be on the Bridges trip right before us! But given the timing of things, I doubt we will cross paths... Unless... We may happen to meet up 7/23 as we fly into the Seronera airstrip in Serengeti National Park and you guys are preparing to take the flight back to Arusha. 🤞

In case any of your family wants to check out the lounges - there are walk-in rates available that they could purchase ahead of time.

I really toyed with the idea of buying access to the Al Mourjan lounge just to see it. But...we decided it just wasn't worth the extra $$ when my wife and I already get access to the Gold Lounge AND we have the hotel room. We'll get the kids (17y and 14y) fed at one of the restaurants, up to the hotel and pool and situated, and then we'll have some adult quiet time in the lounge.