Options

Gear Icon in posts

Has anyone noticed a gear icon that is showing up on every post now? I don’t remember this being there previously. In the past the icon was displayed on one's own post and you could edit or delete the post.

Clicking on an icon just display’s a couple of symbols. Does anyone know what this is for?

Comments

• Options

John - It’s to provoke discussion. 😂

You have an eye for detail. I hadn’t notice the change you described.

• Options

Smiling Sam - I spent the last part of my working life at a large the largest software company. I was trained or maybe brainwashed into looking for these things. :D

• Options

So I clicked on the gear icon above and a carat appears below it and a line to the right. It's like the CLose Door button on an elevator - keeps people busy pressing it, but it's not connected to anything.

• Options

I wonder if the tech dept is having some "growing pains". 2 days ago we received a welcome letter from Tauck Operations with a reiteration of our itinerary for our upcoming trip. It included a mention of our post-night stay, but not our pre-night stay. I checked in with Tauck, and they had no record of this letter being sent. The agent bumped it up to the tech dept, from where an agent contacted me later. He said the welcome letter was a new feature and thanked me for pointing out the glitch, and that they absolutely knew we were arriving the day before the tour. (Of note, the main other focus of the letter seemed to be a reminder about the TG and driver tips.)
    I am hoping that these mystery tech glitches are an indication that Tauck is finally on their way to improving their website and communication, not only with guests but among their various departments.

• Options
    edited May 3

I'm on a tour right now. The TD sent out an email to all the guests with all of the paperwork in electronic form. He had also set up a group WhatsApp thread and a QR code for people to use to join the WhatsApp thread.

One thing I really appreciated is that he did not send that email with everyone's email address exposed - as our last Tauck TD did. The only email addresses I could see were my address, my wife's address, and his address.

I think Tauck is trying to move to more electronic delivery. The TD on this trip said everything was available on paper for those who preferred that. I expect the majority will go with the electronic delivery.

• Options

Mike, I hope you are having a great time. The TD for our upcoming tour is also using WhatsApp. I think it is becoming more routine as our TD in 2022 also used it.

• Options

I am still more comfortable with paper for the daily agenda because I like to take notes. I like that lately the buses all have phone charging capability because I do use my phone a lot when we travel, especially for maps and photos. If anyone is using a lightweight, tiny, and fast external portable charger that they like, please share the info. I do have one that works pretty well but it's a few years old and they must be smaller by now.

• Options
    edited May 3

Wan, have you tried the Clutch? It is the smallest and most lightweight external battery that I have found. I mainly use Anker chargers on my trips.

• Options

I have been using a CONXWAN Portable Charger 26800mAh Power Bank. It is about the size of a phone but has enough power for multiple phone charges and also has a USB C port. I got it through Amazon.

• Options

SandyFeet and JohnS, many thanks, will check them out.