Question for IT dept

When I click on my bookmark for Tauck's main page, it always remembers me. When I then click on the drop-down link for the forum, sometimes it keeps my login active for weeks at a time. Other times, it doesn't transfer my login info and I appear as Guest, have to go back to the main page, log out, log in again, then come back to the forum. Why?

Comments

• BKMD wrote:
    When I click on my bookmark for Tauck's main page, it always remembers me. When I then click on the drop-down link for the forum, sometimes it keeps my login active for weeks at a time. Other times, it doesn't transfer my login info and I appear as Guest, have to go back to the main page, log out, log in again, then come back to the forum. Why?

I experience the exact same thing (every time I visit this site). I have to log-out, and then log back into the site to be able to start or reply to a post.
  • Yes, randomly remembers me for weeks then same problem
  • It's doing it again. have to log out, then back in, otherwise the login doesn't carry over from the main page to the forum.
  • edited January 2019
    BKMD wrote:
    It's doing it again. have to log out, then back in, otherwise the login doesn't carry over from the main page to the forum.

Been doing it to me for weeks possibly months(?).
  • Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening again! We'll look into it with some of our developers on Monday and see if we can figure out why and get it fixed for you.

-Tim
  • Thanks Tim.
  • Tim - it's doing the Guest thing again. It was good since my last post, until now.
  • edited February 2019
    BKMD wrote:
    Tim - it's doing the Guest thing again. It was good since my last post, until now.

It comes and goes.

Most of you may have already received this email I just got from Tauck:

"We are excited to have you travel with us, and we know you are using Guest Connect to prepare for your upcoming trip! We are excited to share that over the next week, we will be upgrading to a new digital experience! However, we will need to temporarily disable the current Guest Connect feature on Tauck.com, starting Monday, February 25, through the end of next week."

This appears to address Guest Connect (profile, booking info, payment, flights, etc.) but could this be the first indication that we will soon get to experience the new website and forums?
  • AlanS, I spoke with someone in IT earlier this week about an issue I was having. It is my understanding that Tauck will be transitioning to a new website in the next couple of weeks—at least, that was what the IT rep told me. Hope it happens—the current site is sooooo sloooowww!