Options

Spa time

Looking for recommendations for when to take advantage of the spa at the Four Seasons or Fairmont Mt Kenya Safari Club. Hard to determine from itinerary when would be a good time. I was thinking about between the game drives at the Four Seasons on day 5 or in the afternoon on day 8 at the Fairmont after visiting the William Holden orphanage. Any advice would be much appreciated! Getting excited for the September 15 trip! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    milmil
    edited August 2018
    Hi Agwinn
    I'm in the 8/25 tour... so, I'm ready to leave in 3 days... as I founded out , Day 5 in the afternoon at the Four Seasons is free. I was told by Tauck there isn't any afternoon game drive, so I did booked my Spa treatment that afternoon at 4:00pm giving the elephants a chance to show up at the water hole... so I can see them and take tons of pictures.
    I do recommend to book the treatments A.S.A.P they book fast. I would take any opportunity at the Four Seasons for Spa treatments, they are pricey but worth the money and awesome service.. The Spa is open from 10:00am till 8:00 pm . I've booked a 1.5 hour massage at the Arusha hotel on the first day, a 2.5 hour treatment at he FS (Bathe like royalty) and one treatment at the end of the tour @ the Nairobi Serena hotel.
    https://www.fourseasons.com/serengeti/spa/

I'm doing this treatment: Safari Balance
    The perfect way to unwind and rejuvenate after a long day of rugged, action-packed adventure in the bush. Buff away dead skin cells and cocoon your body in an intensely hydrating, nutrient rich body masque. Soak in an anti-oxidant rich rooibos milk bath. This chemical free Africology experience would not be complete without a purifying mini facial and a full body relaxation massage. Walnut, Marula and Shea Butter Body Scrub Hypoxis, honey and rosehip body masque with mini facial Rooibos-infused milk bath Full-body massage of choice with R=relaxing oils of lavender, chamomile, geranium and lemon150 Minutes150 minutes

Have a great day.
  • Options
    Mileg,

Thanks so much for the information! I was a bit confused about the day 5 afternoon game drive so thanks for clearing that up! I will book ASAP! Have a wonderful trip!
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    We have taken some spa treatments on Tauck tours, but usually before the tour begins since one of the times we pre-booked a treatment during a tour, it was the Tanzania/Zanzibar one, we had arranged massages out on our tent veranda during our scheduled free afternoon and it was our fortieth anniversary. Unfortunately for us, there was an unscheduled opportunity to visit a lake ( I think it was Lake Victoria) to a fishing village and interact with the locals. So we did not go because we had booked our massages, but most everyone else went and had a wonderful time experiencing something so different from a safari. So now we are cautious about booking things like this before the tour because we don't want or miss out on Tauck's fairly frequent unscheduled 'surprise'
    Miles,be sure to talk to your tour director when you arrive on the tour to ensure there is nothing planned that you are unaware of on your spa days that you may prefer to do instead.
  • Options
    milmil
    edited August 2018
    Hi British
    Yes! I also though about the Tauck surprises and for sure, I will check with the TD as I meet her .. just in case.
    The massage in Arusha is okay because it's at the beginning - day 1 when some people are still arriving... and in Nairobi is last day before airport pick up, so I should be okay but I will check the Nairobi one too..
    Thanks for remind me to check for the TD.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file