Options

Is Tauck IT on an Extended Holiday?

It's just amazing that all or most of the SPAM posts have not been removed.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe Tauck Tim left the comany.
  • Options
    I may have mentioned I typically contact eSupport and Tauck Tim via (separate) email addresses about spammers. I have not received any responses from Tim in awhile. He may have moved on or is working in a different area.

Yesterday I finally received a response from a tech in eSupport. The tech reported that they had removed the SPAM from guddduidharaah. They missed the most dangerous one (diapers in Cuba), so I followed up with another email. It took another day but that one is finally gone, too. To make it quicker and easier for them to find the SPAM, I make sure my emails include links to the offending posts. That also makes it easy for me to check to see if the post has, in fact, been removed- I just click on the link in my "sent" email, and if the post has been purged I get a pop-up which says "You've passed an invalid value to the forum . . ."

The tech also said they try to monitor the forums to the best of their ability, but given the holiday and the work being done to launch our new website, they were not able to remove the spam as quickly as they would have liked. The tech said monitoring should improve in the next week or two and the launch of the new website should hopefully curtail the recent uptick in spamming.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
  • Options
    AlanS—-Thanks for keeping after this. As far as I am concerned there are no reasonable excuses from Tauck for not ridding the Forum of dangerous spam links. This is their business and they should pay more attention to their web presence.
  • Options
    AlanS wrote:
    The tech said monitoring should improve in the next week or two and the launch of the new website should hopefully curtail the recent uptick in spamming.

Glad to hear that the new website is still an ongoing project. I was beginning to think that they had written it off.
  • Options
    Nice to see IT back from their vacation and cleaning up the most recent round of spam pretty quickly.