Baggage

I am going on the Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague tour beginning August 10, 2019. Will my checked baggage be sent through to Warsaw from my US initial departure? I am hoping I don’t have to pick it up in Heathrow and re-check it to Warsaw. My airline from US is American, then transferring to British Airlines from Heathrow to Warsaw. I hope the 3 hours in Heathrow is enough to change terminals.

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Doglady wrote:
    I am going on the Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague tour beginning August 10, 2019. Will my checked baggage be sent through to Warsaw from my US initial departure? I am hoping I don’t have to pick it up in Heathrow and re-check it to Warsaw. My airline from US is American, then transferring to British Airlines from Heathrow to Warsaw. I hope the 3 hours in Heathrow is enough to change terminals.

American Airlines and British Airways are both members of the One World alliance so your bags will be checked through if both legs are on the same reservation. If they aren't, just show them the second reservation at your US point of departure and ask them to route your bags to the final destination. 3 hours should be plenty, just don't leave the air side.
  • I've taken this tour using the American/BA combo and it works as Alan described. You will have to go into a long security line once you get in to Heathrow which can sometimes take a while, so even with three hours, we always want to get through there as soon as we can incase there is a bottle neck. We were behind a guy who did not have a correct visa once going through this area and it delayed us for some time But three hours should be fine under normal circumstances. We have missed flights going thru Heathrow in the past due to long security lines and late arrival of our first flight. We try to avoid that airport when we can, but it's becoming harder to do that these days. We love the efficiency of Manchester airport in the U.K.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file