Update on Tauck Airport Transfers

As I mentioned on a different post earlier this week, our upcoming Budapest-Amsterdam adventure final day itinerary says,

"If you are extending your trip with one or more additional nights in Amsterdam, you will receive complimentary transportation to the airport or train station regardless of your day of departure. Please see your Tauck Cruise Director to confirm these arrangements prior to the conclusion of your Tauck itinerary."

I called Tauck this morning and asked whether we would get the airport transfer even though we were staying at a different hotel than the Tauck contracted one. I provided the hotel name and yes it was on their list of hotels where this is possible. Since we book air travel through them she already knew the flight times. She did clarify that getting from the ship to the hotel was on us but that the CD might be helpful in arranging that i.e. call us a cab. Since the ship's docking location is very near Amsterdam's central train station, that shouldn't be hard. I also gave her my cell number so the transfer service could contact us by text if needed.

Comments

• edited February 2019
    This is interesting information to know.
    On our Puglia tour we could not pre stay in the Tauck starting hotel, there was a wedding there taking all the extra room. So we booked the end hotel to stay in instead because the tour began and ended in the same location. Tauck agreed to take us from the airport to the hotel because obviously it was one of their hotel. Then when we transferred to the start hotel, they arranged a car for us for free.
  • On recent Patagonia trip, my daughter stayed an extra 3 days in Buenos Aires in a different hotel, in a different part of town. Tauck handled the transfer to the airport.
  • Thanx cathyandsteve, I feel pretty good that the CD will help us order a cab.

Fyi, within hours of calling Tauck and giving them our hotel info, I opened the Tauck app on my phone to look at something and low and behold our 3 nights at the end of our trip (after the cruise is over) listed our hotel in the accommodations for those days. Gives you a way to check they have the info correct.
  • any hotel with its salt will get you a cab and most will even charge it to your bill if you ask them to.

Glad it is all coming together for you...now you can travel and be carefree. You are going to love this cruise. It was amazing.

We took a Seine cruise in 2017 and met a TD who was cross training from the Danube to the Seine. We told him we had taken Rhone, Rhine, and Moselle cruises, but not done the Danube yet. His response was that we had "saved the best for last". Hope he's right. We're looking forward to it and to the extra time in Amsterdam since we didn't see everything we wanted at the beginning of our Rhine/Moselle cruise.

Re cabs, on our Rhone cruise, one of the TDs called a cab and arranged a golf outing for 4 guys who were tired of castles/cathedrals so I was pretty sure arranging this was doable.