There has been discussion about whether Tauck should put some sort of General message about Corona virus on their main page. I know how Tauck operates as I am a long time customer, but many newer customers are concerned, even angry with Tauck. Here is just a partial part of an excellent message on the website of the company I am traveling with next week (well I hope I will be traveling?) It was posted 28th Feb
“.......will only make decisions based on facts, common sense and real danger to the health and safety of our travelers and guides. We will not make any decision based on personal emotions and fears. If ..... feels that running a trip poses too great a risk, we will cancel the trip, even if it was ‘guaranteed’. Safety of our travelers and guides supersedes all else.“.
I also follow another forum and am reading that every person who calls gets a different answer from an agent. They are being given very poor choices about cancelation and transferring to another tour and a short deadline to make a choice, this might limit them on getting money back if their tour is eventually cancelled. They also have to decide on a tour within 2020.
Right now, if I had to pick another tour just within 2020, I’d have a hard time doing that with Tauck because all my travel plans are made for 2020, I could maybe squeeze in somewhere in early November though I certainly don’t want to be away on Election Day.
Also been having trouble logging into the forum again and had to look up how I mentioned I did it here on the forum because I had forgotten.