Options

"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #52

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #49 won by Portolan
Submitted by BKMD. Axel Towers, Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen, which was my favorite city on the Scandinavia tour has bike trails/lanes throughout the country, not only in the city.

Round #50 Unoffically won by AlanS (playing behind the scenes via PM and doesn’t count)
Submitted by Smiling Sam. Gold Funerary Offering, Chimu, Imperial Epoch (1300 AD - 1532AD) found in the mud brick city of Chan Chan, the capital of the Chimu kingdom of NW Peru. The picture was taken at Lima’s Rafael Larco Herrera Museum during the Peru and Galapagos tour.

Round #51 won by Portolan
Submitted by JohnS. We are in Chitwan National Park on the river Rapti in the Terai lowlands of Nepal. This was on the first day of our Safari on the Northern India and Nepal trip.

Round #52 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• Options

This is a point of interest on a side alley. What city is it in?

• Options

Haven't found it yet, but I found his brother. :D

• Options

I found his friends-

• Options

Clue: Read the sign, bottom right, if you can.

• Options

Clue: Read the sign, bottom right, if you can.

Tried. Couldn't do it.

• Options
    edited April 2020

San Telmo, Buenos Aires

• Options

Nope, not Buenos Aires, wrong hemisphere.

• Options
    edited April 2020

Salzburg, Austria

• Options

I didn't think Tauck went to Disney World. The Muppets are Alan's reply. See the top image.

• Options

The window framing definitely looks European. Beyond that, since can't read the sign, no where to go.

• Options

Yep European. Any guesses of which city?

• Options

Derek: Not Salzburg

• Options

Stockholm?

• Options

Prague or Warsaw? Looks northern and likely Eastern Europe. The picture I posted came from Bayreuth, Germany.

• Options

Warsaw it is :)
    This shot was taken during a walking tour of Old Town Warsaw of the Castle Inn. The inn is set in the sixteenth century townhouse of the Kościelski family in the heart of Warsaw’s picturesque Old Town, and is in itself a true work of art. Its rooms dreamt up from concepts of exquisite visionaries like Rene Magritte, Maurits Escher and Lewis Carroll.
    Here is a picture from Google Earth.

• Options

I actually looked at the Castle Inn on Google Earth and ruled it out. Bummer

• Options

I found a picture I had taken of the area in 2011 that included this building. The man was not in the window at that time.

• Options

We were there in 2015, so must be a bit newer. Could be they change it around a bit. I thought I saw a different figure in the window on other google pics.

• Options

That's why I ruled it out also. Here is what I found on Google Earth.

• Options

I saw that one too. The Inn must like to mix it up...
    I say this one is closed.
    I'll be stepping away now to prepare dinner.

• Options

SueMS - I was on the Central Europe tour a few years ago. I recall the TD saying that all but 5 of Warsaw's buildings were destroyed in WWII, two of which were our hotel and the Presidential residence next door. Is this building one of the 3 other originals or was it rebuilt like the rest of Old Town?

• Options

BKMD - You know,I don't remember. I recall the local tour guide saying that too. I just may make that one of my projects for tomorrow to find out what I can.