Options

Royal Danube,Berlin and Krakow West bound

We are booked on 10/4 westbound trip.Like to know others on this trip.Also travel pearls from those who have done this trip.

Comments

• Options

If you’re looking for a reasonably priced place to eat in Berlin I’d recommend the Gaffel Haus. It’s within a couple of blocks of the Brandenburg Gate. We ate there twice. We did the eastbound version of the trip and we had extra days in Berlin. I enjoyed each end of the tour (Krakow and Berlin) more than the Danube portion. We had a nice Fourth of July celebration on the riverboat.

• Options

We did this in 2019 and really enjoyed it. Love Berlin, so much history and seeing that my heritage is from Krakow, I thoroughly enjoyed being there and being in places my mom and aunt use to be. It was a special trip. We had done the Danube once before but this time we visited cities we did not see before.

• Options

thanks Smiling Sam and alidor30!

• Options

As I understand the COVID requirements, if one is fully vaccinated there are no entry restrictions inPoland.Covid test is required before leaving Berlin to re enter US.Any one else on this trip please share your concerns/input.Thanks

• Options

Keep checking requirements at least weekly before you go as things change without general notice. Tauck should organize them one in Berlin for you, but you will have to pay for it. If you are going thru a German airport to get there, if it’s the same as now, you have to get a Covid test just or pass thru and the timing is very short, less than 72 hours that most countries require. We were glad our Scandinavia tours was cancelled because we got routed thru Frankfurt and doubted we could get tested and have the result in jte timeline. It may have changed by now. Tauck knew nothing about this requirement when we asked. Someone’s else on the forum, had the same problem, forget who.

• Options

I believe the requirements for Germany are now much better than they were. It appears now, that if vaccinated, a Covid test will no longer be required before entering or transiting through Germany. If all goes well, we will be connecting through Frankfurt in late September with a final destination in Romania. Coming back however will be a bit more problematic since we will be flying back from Budapest and the US is still requiring a negative Covid test regardless of vaccination status. I am hoping this rule changes by September.

• Options

Thanks British and JohnS!We ar3 transmitting thru Amsterdam to Krakow.Will definitely keep checking updated travel requirements.

• Options

Has anyone else on this trip heard about the status of this tour?I have been told this tour is still pending!

• Options

When our French trip was officially a go, we got an email from Tauck with the subject line "Your Upcoming Tour". I looked at the countries your cruise goes thru and believe only Germany has officially announced that Americans go enter for tourism. See link below. Tauck will need to know the rules for all 5 countries and whether any sort of border enforcement between them may occur. Normally on river cruises you sail from country to country without pulling out your passport. You might want to watch the Jennifer Tombaugh video - there is a thread for it in the forum.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/germany-permits-non-vaccinated-americans-albanians-more-third-country-citizens-to-enter-for-tourism-from-sunday/

• Options

Thanks Claudia Sails.Will look at the link.Tauck told me they are working on it .Hope we get to go!

• Options

We were scheduled to be on this trip but sadly just changed it to May 1, 2022. My husband was concerned about going back to Europe too soon. When I called on Wednesday to change it the Tauck reservations agent did not indicate if the Oct cruise was still happening or not. It was full before we changed. According to the video shared from the Tauck president on another thread (earlier this week) they are working out issues on traveling between countries. So my guess is they just dont know but hopefully soon.
    By the way, the Tauck agent was wonderful and knew the answers to all my questions.

• Options

Thanks Birder49. We wanted to go next year but we cleared the waiting list for this trip .Decided to give it a chance.I understand Tauck has to make sure all ducks are in a row so to speak before confirming.Just now I heard on the news that EU is opening up for Americans.It is a waiting game.
    The Tauck reps on the phone are always more than helpful.

• Options

Happy to see this tour listed now in the tours open segment!Still uncertain about the countries other than Germany.Anyone else on this trip have concerns about the Delta variant ?

• Options

If you are vaccinated, don’t be worried, if you are not, don’t go

• Options

Thanks British!We are vaccinated.Still have sometime to decide.

• Options

So sad to see the flooding in parts of Germany.Looks like the Danube area is not affected.Looks like this tour is a go according to the current conditions.Was sold out before but now has limited availability!Did people cancel for fear of COViD?Any others on this trip to share comments?We are cautiously getting excited to visit historic places!

• Options

Glad to see some additional updates with regard to COVID-19 requirements!Looks like all Tauck guests are required to have proof of vaccination.Does that mean all crew on board will also be fully vaccinated?All the countries in this trip are now open to fully vaccinated Americans;Looks like the tourist attractions including museums are ope to varying degrees of capacity based on the countries.Also the countries are in Level 2 category according to CDC as of now.How Delta variant will affect any of this remains to be seen.We are still deciding based on these factors!

• Options

Sudhamali I am on this trip. Coming in from Dallas a day early. My name is Val, Lok forward to meeting you all! Sure not much chat on this trip!

• Options

MsTexoma We postponed our trip to next year.Have a great trip and please post your experiences!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file