Options

Tips for Tauck Director and Motor Coach driver

2»

Comments

• Options

Just get rid of tipping all together and pay them a good wage. We've done 4 river cruises and 2 lands tours. We've had as good or better service on the river cruises as we've ever had on the land tours so I'm not convinced it makes for better service. Not to mention the one time I might have considered not fully tipping the TD was based on service after the tips had been given at the farewell reception.

• Options

Claudia : I agree - add the gratuities into the cost of the trip. It would ensure that all travelers pay their fair share. And no one will need to count how many days the driver was with them in determining their tip. The TD would have more certainty as to their income and guests would not need to scurry around for the proper amount currency. A win win for all!

• Options
    edited August 2021

As said in several posts above tipping inspires people. All tips are included on all of Tauck’s ship tours cuz they have multiple TD’s. Basically, if Tauck paid for it, the tip is included. If you bought it, the tip is not included. So room service, and meals not provided by Tauck would be a couple exceptions. The ice delivery always gets a nice tip. Once in Barcelona I called for ice, hung up the phone, and there was a knock on the door … the ice had arrived. It was as if he had been standing in the hall waiting for my call.

• Options

Agree with Claudia Sells;There is no dilemma if tipping is completely eliminated.I believe in Japan there is no tipping for services..We had stellar service everywhere.

• Options

I have seen the TD's pay the local tour guides many times.

• Options

I think tipping should be more generous these days than what we have done on previous tours, as the TD's and bus drivers have been out of work for a year and a half, and have likely been hurting. Same thing for restaurants, where I have upped my tipping game.