Trying not to freak out right now

2»

Comments

• edited September 20

The Miraflores Belmond is a great hotel. It was used when we went with Tauck to Machu Picchu. Wife and I will be in Lima for other reasons in December and will use that hotel. I recently emailed them, and their reception desk is open all night...great for when your flight gets in at 1am. Rooftop restaurant is closed, however. I hope it opens, the views are great up there.

When we were there with Tauck, we did get the gift of time night. Did not arrive until perhaps 2am, but the front desk had a packet for us from the tour guide.

Oh, I should add, if you need to book a room here the night before the tour, and you have a platinum Amex, AND you are looking to use up that 200 dollar hotel credit...it can be used with the FHR program Amex has. Check the rates of course, but for when I'll be there they were similar on their website and the FHR website.

• Hi Chris - thank you for your advice and reassurance! Yes, I have Am Ex Platinum. Thankfully, the whole thing got settled and I've been assured a room will be ready and waiting for me upon arrival. Whew! Great to hear the hotel is nice. Heaven knows I think we could all use a little pampering after the past year and a half! Ciao!

• The anonymous, cowardly flagger strikes again. Thanks for the photos Alan and thanks for supporting him BKMD and BSPS1.

• We often arrive early in Europe and the hotels will let us into our rooms early. The 2 times we had a long wait was in Rome (I think they forgot about us and we asked them again. ) The other time was Versailles. Meanwhile they offered us breakfast and our room was ready. We are going to the Galapagos in March and finally made our own reservation. First class Delta and arrival in the morning rather than the middle of the night. Tauck had nothing near the cost and could not book us on Delta. WE are hoping for an early check-
    in; otherwise may nap by the pool.