Options

Egyptian Pounds

The banks don't have them. Where do you exchange $ for them? I will check the airport exchanges but what about in Egypt. I read you can change $s in an ATM. Has anyone done that?

Comments

• Options

DeborZ4 You can obtain Egyptian pounds upon arrival at the airport or you can obtain at the hotel. I used my ATM card to exchange $ for EP at The Old Cataract hotel in Aswan--mainly used for the photo passes. US dollars and credit cards are accepted everywhere.

• Options
    MCDMCD
    edited February 2022

I couldn't get Egyptian pounds in the US, either. I had no problem using ATMs in Egypt to get them. Just make sure to let your bank and credit card companies know that you're going to Egypt. I had notified everyone before leaving the US for Egypt, but even so, one of my credit cards was declined there, so I had to use AMEX, for which the store (which was a jewelry store) charged me a higher price. I think you could probably use dollars for tips.

• Options

ATMs in the destination country are almost always the best option.

• Options
    milmil
    edited February 2022

I always get local money @ the airport Atm's or at the hotel .
    The Kempinski hotel has:
    ATM on site !!!!!!!!
    Currency exchange in the 24-hour front desk

• Options

mil - Something went terribly wrong with your post! I know you did not mean to post that.

• Options

well disregard all the Kempinski Hotel facilities list... all DeborZ4 need to know it's that They do have an ATM machine and also money exchange counter. :))
    Thanks kfnknfzk.
    That is the Forum playing games with our posts! Maybe the flagger. in these case 2 flaggers... Yahoooooooo
    The flagger family is growing... maybe got a partner and will see future flagger stinky babies :)))))

• Options

Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file