Options

Travel documents

It’s been about 3 years since we have taken a Tauck trip and I have forgotten. When do they start emailing documents for your trip?

Comments

• Options

They don't anymore. They email you a link to a document you can download and/or print. Timing has varied but usually about a month before the tour. Lots of discussion of this here. You can search on green books to read them.

• Options

I received my digital green book for my Week in Portugal (mid-May) this past week.

• Options

If they are not sending hard copy docs any more (not sure why), how do you get bag tags ?
    Joel

• Options

The tour director will hand out luggage tags at the welcome dinner. Tauck can make better changes to the itinerary via email. I received everything for an upcoming Italy trip when I made final payment, 60 days ahead. Everything is in such a state of flux with all the travel date changes and cancellations, I’m sure the expense of printing the green books must have become enormous. I do miss the green book, perfect size for traveling.

• Options

The concept is/was to send you an email containing a link to a “living document” that resides on the Tauck server, instead of sending out green books that can be out of date the moment they are printed, likewise with an email. They just update a single file on their server. Then, all you need to do is just follow the original link for the latest document on a regular basis,

You can download the (pdf) document to a computer or phone if you want, but you need to remember, once you do that the information becomes static. However, you can extract information that that doesn’t like the hotel addresses, etc. and email it to friends and family.

• Options

their ebooks are a work in progress. For my upcoming Hawaii trip, there was a hotel change. While the correct hotel is listed, the info is incomplete (no phone number) and the day's narrative referernces the "regular" hotel.