Options

Packing/ clothing

We are traveling to Italy, small group, on May 17th. Do men really need a sports jacket? It takes up so much space and weight in suitcase and wonder what past travelers thought.
Also, I wonder how warm it will be in mid to late May. Is it all short sleeve weather, any long sleeve tops needed or should I throw in any sleeveless tops?

Comments

• Options

You will get every type of answer about sports jackets, my husband never takes one, he will wear a nice shirt in the evening.
    Tauck gives you an available temperature range on the tour webpage. We check weather before we book a tour. may would be perfect for us. A few days before we pack, we check the ten day weather forecast

• Options

I've never regretted not taking enough dressy clothes. Have regretted not being able to adjust to whatever weather came my way. If not long sleeve tops I'd recommend at least taking a sweater or light fleece jacket that you can put over your short sleeve tops as needed. You'll want something for the flight over anyway since overnight transatlantic flights can get really chilly.

My husband didn't take a sport jacket last year in Switzerland and France. (Nor did I pack a dress). Never regretted it. He does take at least one nice long sleeve dress shirt and a v-neck sweater for chilly evenings.

• Options

Regarding men sad a sports jacket: yes, they take up too much room. My husband wears a nice shirt and a vest to one of the very very very few dressier dinners.

• Options

My husband and I are headed to Italy next Friday for the May 1, Classic Italy Small Groups. I usually take a dressy pair of slacks and top for the Welcome and Farewell receptions. My husband found a nice dual purpose jacket/Blazer at Eddie Bauer for our originally scheduled Classic Italy in April 2020. Finally looks like it will get some use. It is light weight and resists wrinkles. Here is a link for anyone interested.
    Eddie Bauer Travel Blazer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file