Options

Yellowstone

Yellowstone National Park is closed and tourists have been evacuated due to excessive rainfall and flooding. There are many videos to view what has happened the last couple of days.

Comments

• Options

What is the impact on tours the next few months? We are going in Sep.

• Options

You have to call Tauck, but it’s too soon to ask now. It might be worth switching to another tour if there are any places left. Sometimes TV stories don’t reflect what is really going on, but if roads have been washed away and workers scarce and other routes are miles away, the itineraries may have to be changed.

• Options

Here's another. https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/220613.htm

Looks like the northern portion is the most impacted and will take the longest to resolve. Check out this photo. That road ain't coming back soon.

• Options

Has anyone heard any updates on the early July trips? The Old Faithful Inn is closed through June 19 and possibly longer. There are concerns about the safety of the drinking water. As others mentioned, the wait time to reach Tauck is quite long. It would be nice to receive an email or phone call from Tauck with an update. Also, has anyone heard about the Jackson Hole Airport? Is it still on schedule to reopen on June 27? Thank you.

• Options

Hi. Spoke with Tauck last night. Our Yellowstone Safari starting June 23 from Salt Lake City has been canceled. Told we would receive an email today. If any readers of this comment have been to Jackson, WY, the Grand Tetons, or Bryce Canyon and Zion national parks I would appreciate any suggestions for must-see/do activities. Thanks!

• Options

I've been to Bryce and Zion several times. Must-sees depend on your interests and physical fitness. There are great hikes in both parks, some more difficult than others. I strongly recommend doing more than just stopping at the pulloffs.

• Options

Been to all those places. If you have’s already booked somewhere to stay, you might be out of luck

• Options

Sounds like tours are resuming in July, with some adjustments since the northern half of Yellowstone is closed still. Can anyone share what the itinerary changes are?

• Options

We are scheduled to go Jackson hole Yellowstone sept 3 rd. No email with info as to what the changes are and I feel that is so wrong . Anyone else concerned??.

• Options

Sznagler Yellowstone NP just announced today that much of the northern park was reopening sooner than expected. Give Tauck a break. They aren't gifted with ESP.

• Options

Tauck did post the following on their website.

Yellowstone tours: With recent record flooding causing the temporary closure of Yellowstone National Park, we were forced to cancel departures of our Yellowstone tours through June 26, 2022. Fortunately, we are very pleased to share that with Yellowstone National Park partially reopening we will be operating all tours after June 27, 2022 as scheduled, albeit with some modest adjustments. If you are scheduled to travel on one of these tours, including Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks, Yellowstone & the Tetons: American Safari, Legends of the American West, and Cowboy Country, we will be reaching out to you shortly with more complete information on your itinerary via email. We thank you for your patience and understanding and are thrilled to be able to operate all future departures as scheduled.

• Options

It is very frustrating, but with a large company like Tauck it is understandable as September is a longer way off. I’m still waiting for confirmation of a tour we have booked in September. One suggestion would be to switch to another tour now before they fill up. It has been a waiting game for confirmation of many tours, especially the Asian ones, it is like a limbo. But I don’t think Tauck will have any info yet. I’ve noticed whenever we call about anything like this, the agents just go to the webpage and read off to you what you have just read there yourself. There has been discussion and suggestions that Tauck highlight newer information but they have never taken it up, so we keep reading the same ‘news’ over and over again in case it has changed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file