Airlines

;Will be flying from Dulles Airport (DC) to Naples, Italy, and need to change in either Paris, Munich, Frankfurt. or Brussels. Any recommendations on airline to take or avoid, as well as airport? Doing Premium Economy at the minimum so also comments on the airlines Premium Economy seats. Doing Classic Italy trip.

Comments

• When are you going? Do you have a preferred airline. Do you mean Amsterdam instead of Brussels? A lot depends on when your are going and what connection time you willing to accept (short or long). Another thing to keep in mind is what kind of aircraft and seat you will have for your Euro leg. What is the Euro equivalent of US Premium Economy?

Even if it costs more to fly IAD to JFK or ATL first, I would do that to keep European connections to a minimum or completely avoid them if at all possible.

On Delta, which we fly often, I can't do that going over and must fly one stop IAD - CDG - NAP but coming home Delta has several Venice (VCE) - JFK or ATL - IAD flights

• My wife and I did this trip 3 years ago. We added 3 days in Positano and 3 days in Bellagio. We flew United and stopped in Brussels. When we landed in the morning the air traffic controllers went on strike from 9AM to 2PM. All flights out of Brussels were cancelled and there was only one flight each day to Naples and the one the next day was already fully booked. We flew to Rome and got a car service to drive us to Positano. In addition our luggage was lost and never made it to Rome. We finally got our luggage 3 days later when we arrived in Sorrento the start of the Tauck tour. I will never fly through Brussels again.

• Alan S..we are going early May. Delta just offers short connections times and I'm worried 2 hour isn't enough---hear CDG s a nightmare.
    Will probably have agent book my flights with Tauck so they can handle any issues that may arise during the trip

• CaroP Whether an agent or Tauck are booking your flights, you still need to do some research on flights. Tauck often suggests flights that tie in with the start of their tours, which if you are going a day early does not matter. You may find a better flight option to suit you and not them.

• No matter where I go, I try to avoid Frankfurt. If you have to connect thru Frankfurt allow at least 3 hours. It is a huge airport and with having to clear immigration it can be a white knuckle flight.
    I took this trip in May and it is wonderful. You’ll love Sorrento and the hotel is divine. There’s a lot to do there so consider going in early.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file