My wife and I are booked for Best of Ireland 5/27- 6/9/2023. In my reading I noticed that many guide books recommend tours that focus on the recent of "The Troubles" in Norhtern Ireland. Some tour companies (e.g. Black Taxi) specialize in the conflicts, the IRA, the Unionists, etc. I don't see anything in our itinerary that indicates that we will be learning/exploring this important part of Ireland's history.
My questions:
- Day 4 indicates "a return to Belfast for an evening of leisure." Would that be a good time to book a private tour focusing on The Troubles?
- Day 6 indicates that we will be spending two nights at a lakesiide resort in Derry. Would that be a good time to book at private tour of The Troubles? Or am I too far from Belfast at that point? Or did the conflict affect all of northern Ireland and I could make arrangements with a private tour company to learn more.