Options

Mid July 2023 K&T Classic Safari LUGGAGE & CLOTHING questions...

2»

Comments

• Options

Really, and yet Tauck made such a fuss when people wanted to take other bags in the past

• Options

On our previous Tauck trips Tauck provided duffels without wheels too. But on this one they say that they will have wheels, and we'd love to do carry on, and not worry about them getting lost in Amsterdam where we change planes. As we are flying business class, I think we'll attempt to do carry on.

• Options

Anyone have pics of the new duffle on wheels. Basically one tauck duffle and my back pack should work for whole trip? Right?

• Options

I expect the rolling duffel will be the same as the one in the following link or very similar to it.

https://forums.tauck.com/discussion/comment/90904#Comment_90904

• Options

That rolling duffel is way too big to use as a carry-on. We will see what we get in a couple weeks. The Eagle Creek duffel was more than adequate but had no wheels. I think they only changed duffels cuz Eagle Creek went belly up until someone else bought them. Wheels are nice, but I prefer a carry-on size duffel. If we get the big duffel, we will need to replan our packing system … or use the old Eagle Creek bags again.

• Options

JoWeber asked to see pics of the rolling duffel. The K and T Migration trip now uses the rolling duffel as the one checked bag, so it wouldn't surprise me if Tauck changes the Classic K and T trip to the rolling duffel too to simplify logistics.

• Options

I’ll be interested to see if you are correct Alan. So far, there is no different mention of a rolling duffel for our upcoming Bridges safari, which of course is Tanzania, just that a duffel will arrive two weeks before the tour. I do know that several different companies we have looked into for the East Africa safaris do provide just duffels. The main issue I have with roller duffels is that they are more awkward to pull along. I know with Tauck that you don’t handle luggage much while on the tour, but you do going to the tour and when you are out of the Tauck bubble.

• Options

Taking the K&T Classic Safari starting 6/29/24 - 7/11/24. We have our Yellow Fever vaccine, does anyone recommend other vaccines or medications for the trip? First time to Africa, any help appreciated.

• Options

I recommend that you review the CDC recommendations for both countries. There are a number of recommendations, such as typhoid, Hep A and B, tetanus booster, staying up to date on routine vaccinations, and malaria prescriptions. It is a good idea to talk to a doctor or travel clinic as to what is best for you and consistent with your health needs, and do not wait too long to do so.

• Options

If you haven’t had Hep A and B vaccines, then you have left it too late, it takes three shots for the Hep B alone over 6 months.

• Options

I really appreciate the feedback. We’re very excited about the trip. I keep thinking once in a lifetime but the more I read on this forum it looks like I may need to save for future trips to Africa.

• Options

To Rstew,

It's never too late. Consult your trusted doctor. You trust these people giving out medical advice here?

Hepatitis B vaccine can be given in two doses one month apart. The latest and the greatest!

• Options

That one is not widely available

• Options
    edited April 18

@British - you are correct that the 6 month protocol being the most widely approved and recommended option. But I was also advised by the travel doctor and the pharmacist that even getting 1 or 2 of the recommended boosters right before travel will generate immunity sufficiently safe for travel, but you would want to complete the full series upon your return to ensure the long term immunity. There is even an accelerated schedule which is wild! Take a read at: Hepatitis B Foundation - Hepatitis B Vaccine Schedule: Standard, Accelerated, and Combination

@henrypoon_66 - no need to be rude. It's a travel internet forum where people try their best to help and often do so by personal experience or more. Best advice we can give Rstew is to consult the CDC and work with a trusted doctor/travel doctor on what may be the best course for them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file