Options

Name your “Top 5” Tauck tours

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2023

Curious about your ‘screen name’ Katshot? I fell into our previously sunken bath tub in the middle of the night and cracked my C4 … Patton cracked his C3 and died. Six … you are very lucky.

• Options

Sounds like Classic Italy is the next trip for you and your wife, Katshot!

• Options
    edited June 2023

Sealord, my screen name? Pretty simple actually. When I was in the Navy, we called a catapult launch off a carrier a “cat-shot”. A few years later when the internet came to be, I needed a screen name that was unique enough that nobody else had it so I took cat-shot and mixed it with my (also very quick) Katana 1100 and came up with Katshot. Several Navy pilots have figured it out over the years but that’s it. Truth be told, I actually had it painted on my helmet just before adopting it as a screen name.
    Regarding my neck, well I guess I was very lucky (if you call breaking your neck lucky) that when I did it (yeah I was on a motorcycle), I was in West Virginia and they took me to the University of Virginia (after a stop at a local hospital where they didn’t want to touch me). The team that worked on me turned out to be the same team that worked on Christopher Reeve a year later. Lucky for me, I made out better than Mr. Reeve. I have four fusions and a lot of titanium and screws in me but hey, I’m alive!

• Options
    edited June 2023

I’m sure Sealord (air wing call sign) will weigh in with details but he was a Whale driver. I’ve got a few cats and traps in a Whale as well, but from the right seat, before I transitioned to Prowlers in the early 70’s. What is left of both are in the Boneyard at Davis Monthan. 🥺

• Options

OK Katshot. Are you going to be at Tailhook this year? I am going to be there with with my wife and an author friend who just wrote a book titled “Across the Wing”. We go to Tailhook every couple tears.. My wife loves it.

• Options

AlanS - What is left of both are in the Boneyard at Davis Monthan.

The tour of the Boneyard and the Pima Air and Space Museum is a pretty interesting tour - if people ever find themselves in Tucson.

PS - I'm not a Tucson Chamber of Commerce paid influencer! 😂

• Options

’m sure Sealord (air wing call sign) will weigh in with details but he was a Whale driver. I’ve got a few cats and traps in a Whale as well, but from the right seat, before I transitioned to Prowlers in the early 70’s. What is left of both are in the Boneyard at Davis Monthan. 🥺

Getting a bit adrift here, but Sealord was the last radio callsign of the USS Oriskany which is now a ‘reef’ 22 miles south of Pensacola. All the surviving Whales (A-3s) are in museums. Mine is on the Saratoga near Charleston. It was rescued from a pedestal in Rota, Spain.

• Options

Thank you all for your service. But, can we take this bromance off line? It has nothing to do with the original post.

• Options

I’m enjoying it because I’m learning something different.

• Options

Sorry Folsomedoc. We were talking about favorite tours. My favorites were two on the Oriskany, one on the Enterprise, one on the Kitty Hawk, and one on the Ranger. I can guarantee you few on this website have experienced more exciting tours. (;-)