Options

AssureGI anti diarrhea med

This product comes in the "Diarrhea Prevention and Treatment Kit for Travelers to Africa" from PassportHealth. You take one cap before each meal to help keep you from getting sick. Has anyone used it?

Comments

• Options

What drug is it? Never heard of that from Passport health. I think it is also overkill.

• Options

It's homeopathic quackery

• Options

Hell, no! it sounds scary! 2 trips to Africa, never had that problem. Food it's fresh and clean-

• Options
    edited July 2023

I was able to see the ‘kit’ on the Passport Health website. It is $58 . The only real drug approved by the FDA is Immodium. Two of the others are homeopathy type things as BKMD says.
    Here is just one of them, it’s Bovine Colostrum 😂😂😂😂
    https://ekardmedical.com/supplements/

Save yourself a ton of money and buy some generic Immodium. which will cost you just a few dollars. We never travel without a supply just in case.
    Unfortunately, Travel Health has a reputation for selling unnecessary stuff, I think that’s how the staff must make more money on the side

• Options

Probably not approved by the FDA.

• Options

I always travel with Imodium too. I try and make my medicine emergency kit as small as possible. You just never know.

• Options

Imodium is so effective that you may need one or two doses at the most for travelers diarrhea.No need for anything else.Just watching what and how much you eat and drink can prevent GI ailments.

• Options

Not necessarily. Some people just have sensitive stomaches. It could be a change in the type of oil being used while cooking, a different type of milk in your coffee, etc etc.

• Options

Haha! Thanks for the info. We’ll stick with Imodium then. I had never heard of it so was curious.

• Options

Always travel with Imodium and if that is not effectively, I have azithromycin which has been effective for travelers diarrhea.