Options

Paris restaurant near Intercontinental Le Grand

Hello,
Before our cruise, we are staying at the Intercontinental Le Grand and would love any dinner recommendations near the hotel. We have a free dinner night and soooo many choices!
Thanks!

Comments

• Options

We stayed at the Intercontinental last year before our tour. Honestly, the Cafe de las Paix in the hotel was excellent. Look at trip advisor forums for restaurants nearby. Those reviews are right on. Enjoy!

• Options

Thank you! I started with TA and so many choices. I can always rely on Tauck travelers for advice.

• Options

I concur with Marla526 regarding the restaurant within the InterContinental. We have also dined at L'Opera Restaurant at the Opera House just a few steps away. You may wish to have the hotel's concierge book the reservation for you, however. Enjoy!

• Options
    edited August 2023

Another option - if you are tired and want a bed picnic, the Lafayette Galleries food court well within walking distance from the Intercontinental has some wonderful exotic delights to bring home to your hotel room - think charcuterie board. We travel with a small cutting board and a knife, and love our bed picnics with a bottle of wine just to relax and renew. Edited to add we were here for 3 days between back-to-back tours, so relaxing was in order!

• Options

We were just there early July and found 3 nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. .https://comptoirdelagastronomie.com/le-restaurante Le Comptior de la Gastronomie - served French cusine with some very unique entrees that we had not tried before such as a pan fried foie gras, bone marrow, burgundy snails and the foie gras truffle ravioli. Delicious. Service was good and it required a reservation. The second was Le Souffle. https://www.lesouffle.fr If you enjoy soufflé, then this is the place to go. One of our favorite restaurants in Paris. Reservations get you preferred seating in the front of the restaurant. The third was Bistrot Richelieu.https://en.bistrotrichelieu.com We enjoyed some a great duck breast and the Bœuf Bourguignon. Delicious! There are so many places to choose from and these are just a few we enjoyed.

• Options

Brenda you're a girl after my own heart. While we have loved so many of the wonderful meals Tauck provides I've learned to enjoy the evenings where we just "picnic". It provides some nice downtime with all the sightseeing. The best is when we've had a hotel room with a balcony and view. Europe is great for this with the express marts (Mono'p in France, Coop in Switzerland, Etc) or the department stores with amazing food halls.

I made a zipper case with a very thin cutting board (dollar store), paring knife, corkscrew and some plastic utensils. We didn't take it to Scotland and found out the hard way that take out utensils there are either wooden or a kind of a compressed paper.

• Options

Claudia, stock up on your plastic utensils, you won’t be able to buy them before long.

• Options

And for something simple, the Galeries Lafayette food court up the street also has a floor full of many sit-down, casual options to eat right there.

• Options

The Galeries Lafayetter also has a free rooftop terrace - no charge to go up and enjoy the view and NO steps to climb. They also have some Paris souvenirs - a bit classier and higher end than you see in many places like the street vendors.

• Options

For cheese lovers, stop at Barthelemy. It is close to the Musee d'Orsay and not too far from the InterContinental. The staff will assist in cheese selections. Bread, preserves, cheese and wine are all we need for a lovely bench lunch as we people watch (we save the wine for once back in the hotel, of course.)